State Chapters > California

Alameda County’s new COVID death toll is 25% lower than thought

<< < (2/2)

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on June 08, 2021, 06:25:59 pm ---So just one got caught.  How many other counties played the same game?

--- End quote ---

They didn't get "caught". Alameda County did their own review. From the article posted yesterday:

--- Quote ---County officials decided to revise the numbers after they reviewed guidance from the California Department of Public Health about how to classify deaths as being caused by COVID-19.
--- End quote ---

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on June 08, 2021, 07:34:18 pm ---They didn't get "caught". Alameda County did their own review. From the article posted yesterday:

--- End quote ---

Ok.  So how many others would show similar discrepancies if they decided to look at their reporting with some reality?

GrouchoTex:
This isn't a surprise, and I do not believe it is limited to Alameda county.
I think this sort of thing happened nationwide.

The_Reader_David:
Not surprising, since the trend at first was certainly deaths while infected with Sars-Cov2 were all "COVID deaths" even if the proximate cause didn't correspond to the symptoms.

I only clicked on the link because when the pandemic reached our shores from China I was a temporary resident of Alameda County (I had an all research semester at, or in the actual circumstance "at" MSRI in Berkeley and was living in the Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland from late January until the institute told me not to come back from a long weekend at home with my wife in early March).

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on June 08, 2021, 08:13:40 pm ---Ok.  So how many others would show similar discrepancies if they decided to look at their reporting with some reality?

--- End quote ---

If you read my initial post, you'll see I asked the same rhetorical question, insinuating that many/most/all of CA's 58 counties have a similar "error".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version