State Chapters > California

Alameda County’s new COVID death toll is 25% lower than thought

(1/2) > >>

PeteS in CA:
Alameda County’s new COVID death toll is 25% lower than thought

https://oaklandside.org/2021/06/04/alameda-countys-new-covid-death-toll-is-25-lower-than-thought/

--- Quote ---A quarter of all deaths previously attributed to COVID-19 in Alameda County weren’t actually caused by the coronavirus, the Alameda County Public Health Department announced today. 

That puts the county’s new official COVID-19 death toll at 1,223, down from 1,634.

The 25% decrease—or 411 cases—is due to the fact that COVID “wasn’t a direct cause” of death in these cases, according to county health officials.

County officials decided to revise the numbers after they reviewed guidance from the California Department of Public Health about how to classify deaths as being caused by COVID-19. The new count more accurately reflects how many people died as a direct result of, or complications from, a COVID-19 infection.
--- End quote ---

This has me super POed on a couple of levels. First, these bogus numbers were the basis for decisions and standards that had devastated people's lives, livelihood, and businesses! Second, this new/reinterpreted standard should have been changed a year ago, or even been the standard since February or March last year. But TRUMP!!! Third, How many more of CA's 58 counties have a similar "error"?! Much of Goobernor Noisome's tyranny might have been founded on utterly bogus inflated numbers!

mountaineer:
Every county in the US should reevaluate its 'rona numbers. I know for a fact a county near mine included a young man who wiped out on a motorcycle and cracked his head open as a Covid death. "Clearly not caused by Covid," indeed.
--- Quote ---'Clearly Not Caused By COVID-19': California County Cuts Virus Death Count By 25%
By Athena Chan
06/07/21 AT 12:35 AM

KEY POINTS

411 deaths removed from the tally were "clearly not" caused by COVID-19: Officials
    Change in death toll is a result of Alameda County’s "alignment" with state guidelines
    The deaths that were removed happened "throughout the pandemic": Official

The death toll from COVID-19 in California’s Alameda County has been cut by 25%, from 1,634 to over 1,223, after authorities found that some fatalities were not “a direct result" of coronavirus.

The change is a result of Alameda County’s "alignment" with state guidelines, the county news release on June 4 stated. It said that the county previously included in its total virus toll any person who was positive for COVID-19 at the time of their death. This broader system was implemented prior to the state's implementation of guidelines for reporting COVID-19 deaths.

Now, it will only include those who "died as a direct result of COVID-19, with COVID-19 as a contributing cause of death, or in whom death caused by COVID-19 could not be ruled out," as per the state guidelines.  ...
--- End quote ---
International Business Times

PeteS in CA:
Even though Oakland is the county seat of Alameda County (murders, accidents on I-880, I-980, I-580, and SR24), I doubt these were "Covid" deaths from murders and vehicle crashes (which I know are non-zero in the US). I think these are people who died of other diseases and happened to have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.

I don't doubt there is roughly similar fauxny "Covid Death" in most/every county in CA (%, not raw numbers), and every state in the US. And even if that vetting were done properly, there would still be an even larger %, IMO, of people whose deaths were due to Covid pushing them over the edge they were already on.

rangerrebew:
County that counted car crash as COVID death finds it inflated virus death toll by 25%
Cameron Arcand, The Western Journal By Cameron Arcand, The Western Journal
Published June 8, 2021 at 11:48am

Alameda County, California, is in hot water for miscounting their coronavirus death toll, and other local health departments should take note.

The county recorded 1,634 deaths, which was adjusted by a shocking 25 percent to 1,223 deaths.

The wildly inaccurate numbers result from the broad definition used by the county, which counted the death as coronavirus related if there was a positive test result taken at the time of death.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/06/county-counted-car-crash-covid-death-finds-inflated-virus-death-toll-25-percent/

Kamaji:
So just one got caught.  How many other counties played the same game?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version