Author Topic: William and Kate ‘to spend more time in Scotland under plan to bolster union’  (Read 728 times)

Offline libertybele

William and Kate ‘to spend more time in Scotland under plan to bolster union’

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge could be asked to spend more time in Scotland under plans reportedly being drawn up by palace officials to bolster the union.

If the proposals go ahead, William and Kate would spend more time at Balmoral and strengthen ties with their former university town of St Andrews amid growing concerns about support for Scottish independence, according to The Sunday Times.

Speculation about the possibility of another independence referendum has intensified following the Scottish National Party’s victory in the Holyrood election last month, which produced the largest pro-independence majority in the parliament in the history of devolution.

Scotland’s first minister Nicola Sturgeon has already signalled that she is willing to push for another vote on leaving the UK over the next parliamentary term.

The report on the plans came days after the royal couple’s tour of Scotland, during which William said the country was “so important” to himself and his wife...........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-william-kate-middleton-scotland-b1860504.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good for them, they won't have to bitch about America's Constitution there, but he probably still will.
s

Offline libertybele

Quote from: GtHawk link=topic=439214.msg2441960#msg2441960 dae=1623021208
Good for them, they won't have to bitch about America's Constitution there, but he probably still will.
s

You're thinking of Harry.  This is about William and Kate.

I don't post stories of Harry and Markle anymore; they're not worth the time.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're thinking of Harry.  This is about William and Kate.

I don't post stories of Harry and Markle anymore; they're not worth the time.

William seems to be the good guy in this generation.  If the Crown somehow survives Charlie, Will may be the one to save it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

William seems to be the good guy in this generation.  If the Crown somehow survives Charlie, Will may be the one to save it.

Indeed.  I'm hoping that Charles decides to hand over the crown to William way ahead of time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Indeed.  I'm hoping that Charles decides to  hand over the crown to William way ahead of time.

I'm agnostic on the Royal Family, so for me across a pond and continent, I'd be equally happy if the House stands or falls. It's why I don't post on the Royals thread.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I'm agnostic on the Royal Family, so for me across a pond and continent, I'd be equally happy if the House stands or falls. It's why I don't post on the Royals thread.   :shrug:

Actually, it takes some of my focus off of the turmoil here in the U.S. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Actually, it takes some of my focus off of t happy77he turmoil here in the U.S.

I have saved a 10-hour video of a fireplace on my YouTube for that.  When I get tired of the news of the day, I just put that on my TeeVee.  The crackling makes a nice noise machine.  I'm thinking of converting our first floor fireplace to a cheap TeeVee I can play that on, rather than having a real fire.  (No laughing about the fact I have a fireplace on the second floor.  It's between the kitchen and Jacuzzi.)

The idea is to thoroughly clean out the fire pit, and install the flat screen behind the glass screen.  Seems like a good idea.  The fireplace has a built-in circulation fan, and I can commandeer the circuit for an outlet for a smart TeeVee with YouTube installed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I have saved a 10-hour video of a fireplace on my YouTube for that.  When I get tired of the news of the day, I just put that on my TeeVee.  The crackling makes a nice noise machine.  I'm thinking of converting our first floor fireplace to a cheap TeeVee I can play that on, rather than having a real fire.  (No laughing about the fact I have a fireplace on the second floor.  It's between the kitchen and Jacuzzi.)

The idea is to thoroughly clean out the fire pit, and install the flat screen behind the glass screen.  Seems like a good idea.  The fireplace has a built-in circulation fan, and I can commandeer the circuit for an outlet for a smart TeeVee with YouTube installed.

I recall now about the 2nd floor fireplace ... isn't it off of the room where you have the billiards table?

I don't even watch the news and the negativity of this administration surrounds us.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Prediction: Scotland will secede and declare Independence to deport those freeloading bums and to ban them from ever returning.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Prediction: Scotland will secede and declare Independence to deport those freeloading bums and to ban them from ever returning.

Maybe it depends on how Charming the Prince is?
I will NOT comply.