Author Topic: Commerce Secretary Raimondo: ‘No Evidence’ Unemployment Benefits Holding Back Hiring  (Read 601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Commerce Secretary Raimondo: ‘No Evidence’ Unemployment Benefits Holding Back Hiring

Pam Key 6 Jun 2021

Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that there was no evidence that enhanced unemployment benefits to address the coronavirus pandemic had “significantly held back hiring.”

Anchor George Stephanopoulos said, “President Biden said on Friday some of the temporary unemployment benefits should expire in September. Republicans like Kevin McCarthy have been saying we have to stop paying people not to work. Have the extended benefits held back hiring?”

Raimondo said, “We hear it anecdotally. I would say there is no evidence that they have significantly held back hiring. Here’s what we do know, those extended benefits have been a lifeline for Americans who have been struggling. They have meant the difference between someone being able to pay the rent or being homeless, someone being able to feed their children, or their kids going hungry. Look, the jobs report on Friday was a good report.”

“Long-term unemployment going down, wages going up, 2 million jobs created in this president’s term so far,” she continued. “The most jobs created ever in the first few months of a presidency. So they will expire in September. You know, I think the economy will continue to strengthen. But make no mistake about it, they were necessary, and they were a lifeline for Americans for the past several months during this pandemic.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/06/commerce-secretary-raimondo-no-evidence-unemployment-benefits-holding-back-hiring/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Politically the democrats rule like monarchs, naturally like corrupt monarchs they are loathe to admit their part in how things are turning out.  Yeah i'm in charge, but don't blame me, blame those Republicans that are out of power, yeah, that's the ticket !
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
 :silly: :silly: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Commerce Secretary Raimondo: Cyberattacks ‘Are Here to Stay,’ ‘Will Intensify’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/06/commerce-secretary-raimondo-cyberattacks-are-here-to-stay-will-intensify/

What a defeatist POS.  There has got to be a solution out there somewhere.  It might not be easy or cheap, but it's there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

We hear it anecdotally.
Also evidence. If someone currently on unemployment says, "Hell, no, I'm not going back to work. I'm collecting $600 a week now to do nothing. Why bother going back to work for $500?" is that not some type of evidence that the inflated unemployment benefits are discouraging workers from returning to their jobs?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Also evidence. If someone currently on unemployment says, "Hell, no, I'm not going back to work. I'm collecting $600 a week now to do nothing. Why bother going back to work for $500?" is that not some type of evidence that the inflated unemployment benefits are discouraging workers from returning to their jobs?

Same here.  I like using manual lanes at Walmart, due to ease, and not WM from eliminating jobs.  I recently was at a WM, and no lanes were open.  Associate told me too hard to get workers when they can stay home on a government check.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

A lot of restaurants near me are having to cut back on hours of service, due to a lack of workers (including one of my favorites). I just heard that even a Dollar General store in our town was closed today because they had no one to work.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A complete dunce.

Even my sorry nephew who was laid off told me when I asked him when he was going to get a job, that he would not begin looking until his unemployment benefits were gone.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a kind of twatwaddle  crap is she spouting? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

What a kind of twatwaddle  crap is she spouting?

The kind you learn in college nowadays.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:
Commerce Secretary Raimondo: Cyberattacks ‘Are Here to Stay,’ ‘Will Intensify’

Just like jihad attacks on America foreign or domestic, or enemies, even foriegn Countries wax bold when democrats are in power, as told you before, they know the best time to attack America is when their democrat buddies are in power, here.  Just like gun terrorism in America go to where democrats hold power or where their gun control policies make it easier to slaughter and get away with it, or maximize the effort.\
Some say cyber attacks come from Russia, the same Russia Obama was in bed with who now dictates instructions to Biden.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:21:08 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions