Author Topic: Derek Hunter: What Exactly Are These People ‘Experts’ Of?  (Read 350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Exactly Are These People ‘Experts’ Of?
Derek Hunter

Posted: Jun 06, 2021 12:01 AM

The year of the pandemic was the best thing to happen to cable news – a captive audience stuck at home with a reason to tune in regularly. They really hate to see it end. CNN’s ratings have cratered even greater than their credibility, which didn’t seem humanly possible considering they employ Chris Cuomo. The other networks and print outlets haven’t suffered the same fate, at least not yet. But whatever media emerges from this year of failure, mis- and disinformation should be viewed with the same skepticism and contempt CNN rightly finds itself in the center of.

Everyone got something wrong in the last year, just as everyone gets something wrong every year. We’re human, screwing up and getting things wrong is what we do. But we’re different from the animals because we can learn from those mistakes. We’re supposed to, it’s a key part of growing up.

Yet, the media not only doesn’t appear to have learned anything from the past year, they’ve doubled down on their failures. The soothsayers they employ predicted pretty much every possible outcome, at one point or another. That’s a lot of things, but it’s not news or even insight. It’s the equivalent of putting a dollar on every number on a roulette table – sure, you’ll “win” and be able to brag about your winning streak, but you’ll lose money each time.

Anyone with an MD was on TV talking like they knew what they were saying, like they were an “expert.” They weren’t, and some weren’t even close. And so were people without MDs.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/06/06/what-exactly-are-these-people-experts-of-n2590529
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Derek Hunter: What Exactly Are These People ‘Experts’ Of?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 01:49:24 pm »
A wise old gentleman I worked with about 40 years ago called anyone who was calling themselves an expert as a self absorbed dumbass 50 miles from home with a slide projector.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 01:54:58 pm »
 X = quality or quantity unknown

EX = has been, once was, former...

+

Spurt = drip under pressure.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:01:09 pm »
"What Exactly Are These People ‘Experts’ Of?"

Deception.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 04:22:08 pm »
Especially if they have a PhD.

In my neck of woods that means 'Piled high and Deep'.
The Republic is lost.