Author Topic: Six Current Issues Which Make Us Say… ‘We Wish We Had President Trump’  (Read 299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The BSC Team
    June 6, 2021

In this installment of our weekly Sunday Six conversation, PF Whalen and Parker Beauregard of The Blue State Conservative examine six pressing issues facing America with which we would be much better off if President Trump were still in office.

#6:  China

PF:  Of all the potential pitfalls for President Joe Biden, the one which most concerned me from the beginning was how he would handle foreign policy. Missteps with most domestic issues can be highly damaging, both long and short-term. But screw-ups on the international stage can be catastrophic. I fear we’re seeing this scenario play out currently with Biden’s handling of China.

Trump was a pitbull with China even before his election. His 2016 campaign rhetoric regarding foreign actors was most pointed when Trump discussed China. While his deranged opponents were obsessed with everything Russia-related, Trump correctly identified China as the more serious threat, and he followed through with that mindset once he was in office. Even before his inauguration, Trump sent a strong message when he called Taiwan’s president in early-December 2016, a clear poke in the eye to China and their ‘One China’ policy. He went around China to deal directly with North Korea. And his so-called ‘trade war’ with the Chinese was no such thing. His tariffs were masterful. Trump was firm, forceful, and unafraid, and he had the Chinese on their heels for four years.

The only thing Biden has done right in his four-plus months in office regarding China is to have kept most of Trump’s tariffs in place. Otherwise, Biden has been the sissy I feared he would be, and China’s President Xi Jinping has been the beneficiary. It appears almost definite now that the COVID pandemic originated at the Wuhan lab of virology, and whether that leak was due to incompetence or something more sinister, China needs to be held responsible. Instead, Biden is tiptoeing around China with his investigation which seeks ‘cooperation’ from the Chinese and the WHO, and his comments about China sound like they’re coming from Switzerland, not the United States.

President Ronald Reagan sought “peace through strength,” and Donald Trump recognized Reagan’s wisdom and used a similar approach. Biden seems to be more like Neville Chamberlain, seeking peace through submission.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2021/06/06/six-current-issues-which-make-us-say-we-wish-we-had-president-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
#5: Israel and the Middle East
#4: Border Crisis
#3: Federal and Supreme Court Nominations
#2: Government Spending
#1: Critical Race Theory and Black Lives Matter

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
#5: Israel and the Middle East
#4: Border Crisis
#3: Federal and Supreme Court Nominations
#2: Government Spending
#1: Critical Race Theory and Black Lives Matter

#7 The embarrassment of Jello Head
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:32:19 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Keynote speech at the fundraising dinner of the NC GOP Convention:  Jun 5, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TobR080Fy2o