Author Topic: Fauci: Recent Attacks on Me ‘Really Very Much an Attack on Science’  (Read 1151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci: Recent Attacks on Me ‘Really Very Much an Attack on Science’

Ian Hanchett 4 Jun 2021

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” White House Chief Medical Adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci stated that the recent criticisms of him are “really very much an attack on science,” and “the thread going through what’s happening now is very much an anti-science approach.”

Host Rachel Maddow asked, “Am I building you up to be thicker-skinned about this than you are? Are you actually worried about this new sort of re-upping of attacks on you?”

Fauci responded, “Well, I’m concerned about that, more because it’s really very much an attack on science, I think, Rachel.”

He then discussed his conflicts with AIDS activists in the past, and stated that those activists “were fundamentally good people. They were not anti-science. What is — the thread going through what’s happening now is very much an anti-science approach. So, that’s a big, big difference. I mean, it is what it is. I’m a public figure. I’m going to take the arrows and the slings. But they’re just — they’re fabricated, and that’s just what it is.”

Fauci later added that the origin of the virus is an important question, but “it is being approached now in a very vehement way, in a very distorted way, I believe, by attacking me.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/04/fauci-recent-attacks-on-me-really-very-much-an-attack-on-science/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

I think the persuasion value of that fallacious argument has been much diminished by a year of "science" being weaponized for partisan political gain.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The little troll ass Fauci was Fauci's own worst enemy.  His lust for the Glam infected his mouth and his brain.  He had the right to keep his mouth shut and stop spouting nonsense, but he didn't have the ability to do so.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

His definition of science probably isn't anything like most of ours.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

The little troll ass Fauci was Fauci's own worst enemy.  His lust for the Glam infected his mouth and his brain.  He had the right to keep his mouth shut and stop spouting nonsense, but he didn't have the ability to do so.
I hope he keeps talking. As long as he’s talking he won’t notice the walls getting closer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
‘‘I am the science.’’
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Well Fauci, I think YOUR science is absolute crap!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Pay no attention to the pandemic the gain-of-function research I supported has unleashed on the world! I am a scientist and I know what's best for you!

Where's Mary Shelley when she is needed?!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:37:28 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline The_Reader_David

No, Dr. Fauci, they are not.  The broadest construction you can put on attacks on your position is that they are attacks on the notion that the considerations of trade-offs involved in public health measures should not be considered, on the moral advisability of gain-of-function experiments in virology, and on the validity of your particular epidemiological models, all of which attacks can be made from a position of defending science, against both its misuse and against well-founded public opposition.

If any Briefers want a more extensive discussion of what's wrong with the "follow the science" mantra, I refer you to the article from UnHerd which I posted a link and excerpt from the other day (https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,438663.0.html) entitled "How Science Has Been Corrupted."  (Briefers should take a look at UnHerd.com -- it's a contrarian site from the UK, which even though it's not particularly right-of-centre, because it posts lots of pieces the oppose the elite consensus is certainly useful for us on the right to read.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline PeteS in CA

Dr. Anthony Fauci wearing the cloak of SCIENCE:

Offline Hoodat

See:  Logical Fallacy - Appeal to Authority
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

See:  Logical Fallacy - Appeal to Authority

:yowsa:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Recent Attacks on Me 'Really Very Much an Attack on GOD'
I AM GOD!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

An attack on Delta is an attack on the United States of America

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 06:03:51 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

Fauci is a pretentious mediocrity and like all 'political' types desperate for attention.
Many powerful scientific theories were proven wrong such as, the Earth is the center of the Universe,
and their promoters humbled, yet these moved on in their life but not Fauci the Weenie.
Humility underpins greatness and certainly not arrogance, the hallmark of the ignoramus.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci Loses It Big Time, Rants Attacking Him Is 'Attacking Science'
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 09:25:23 pm »
Fauci Loses It Big Time, Rants Attacking Him Is 'Attacking Science'
By Nick Arama | Jun 09, 2021 4:45 PM ET

Is Dr. Anthony Fauci still doing his regular job, you know that one for which he gets paid so much?

Because it certainly seems that he spends an awful lot of time doing media appearances, especially since the revelations in his emails hit, he’s been all about hitting every show defending himself.

He was at it again on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd, blasting attacks on him as “attacking science.”

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1402682657834741766

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/09/fauci-loses-it-big-time-rants-attacking-him-is-attacking-science-n394100
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34