General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Seven Ohio Football Coaches Fired After Forcing Jewish Player to Eat Pork

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 04, 2021, 08:21:33 pm ---I'd settle for Gefilte.

--- End quote ---

Or spotted dick.

mountaineer:
Canton McKinley is a traditional powerhouse. The fired coaches, I'm sorry to say, probably will be snatched up by other area schools. If I were interviewing any of them, I'd ask how their actions in this case actually benefited the team, let alone taught the boys valuable life lessons.

sneakypete:
IF that player is a devout,seriously religious practicing Jew,firing them ain't enough. They need to be sued into poverty in order to serve as an example.

BTW,I am probably THE least religious person on this board,but I DO recognize Judaism as a legitimate religion,and people in this formerly free country have a Constitutional RIGHT to be allowed to practice their religions beliefs as long as they are causing no harm to anyone else.

ANY government that can tell them they can't do this,also has the power to tell me I MUST follow some religious tenets.

BTW,NONE of this applies to Islam,which is a death cult,not a religion.

mountaineer:
Well, this certainly is a wtf moment.
--- Quote ---Ohio Coaches Sued For Allegedly Forcing Player To Eat Pork Against His Religious Beliefs File Defamation Suit
July 14, 2021 at 2:35 am

CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Six Ohio high school football coaches who were fired when a father complained his son was forced to eat a pork-based pepperoni pizza in violation of his religious beliefs have sued the parent, his attorney, school officials, and others for defamation.

The plaintiffs are former Canton McKinley head coach Marcus Wattley and five assistants, according to The Canton Repository.

The lawsuit filed Monday in Stark County said the player chose to remove pepperoni and cheese and eat the pizza instead of chicken nuggets when disciplined on May 24 for off-the-field behavior. Teammates ran laps for 20 minutes while carrying 45-pound (20-kilogram) weights as the teen sat in the middle of the gym and ate the pizza.

The coaches were unaware at the time that eating pork violated the player’s Hebrew Israelite religious beliefs, the complaint said. ...
--- End quote ---
AP via KDKA

Interesting phrase, "Hebrew Israelite." Sounds like this kid wasn't really Jewish. Turns out he isn't:
--- Quote ---Black Hebrew Israelites (also called Hebrew Israelites, Black Hebrews, Black Israelites, and African Hebrew Israelites) are groups of African Americans who believe that they are the descendants of the ancient Israelites. To varying degrees, Black Hebrew Israelites incorporate certain aspects of the religious beliefs and practices of both Christianity and Judaism, though they have created their own interpretation of the Bible. Many choose to identify as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than Jews in order to indicate their claimed historic connections.

Black Hebrew Israelites are not associated with the mainstream Jewish community, and they do not meet the standards that are used to identify people as Jewish by the Jewish community.  ...
--- End quote ---
Wikipedia

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on July 14, 2021, 01:11:50 pm ---Well, this certainly is a wtf moment.AP via KDKA

Interesting phrase, "Hebrew Israelite." Sounds like this kid wasn't really Jewish. Turns out he isn't:Wikipedia

--- End quote ---

@mountaineer

So,he wasn't a regular run of the mill fool,he was a special fool?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version