Author Topic: Seven Ohio Football Coaches Fired After Forcing Jewish Player to Eat Pork  (Read 1889 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seven Ohio Football Coaches Fired After Forcing Jewish Player to Eat Pork

AP 4 Jun 2021

CANTON, Ohio (AP) — The head football coach at an Ohio high school and six other coaches there have been ousted after a football player said he was forced him to eat pork in violation of his religious beliefs for missing a voluntary workout.

The Canton City Board of Education voted unanimously Thursday to not renew the coaching contracts of Canton McKinley head football coach Marcus Wattley, two of his assistants and an assistant baseball coach, The Canton Repository reported. With the same vote, the board also deemed three other assistant football coaches as ineligible for future coaching positions.

The district had suspended the coaches last week after the 17-year-old player reported what happened to him on May 24. Another coach was also suspended but he will remain as an assistant coach because the evidence did not show that he performed in the same manner as the other coaches, officials said.

A lawyer for the teen player’s family has announced plans to sue the school district. The player and his family are members of the Hebrew Israelite religious faith and do not eat pork.

District Superintendent Jeff Talbert said surveillance video gave administrators the information they needed to warrant their recommendations to the board. However, he declined to provide details of what happened and said the video would not be publicly released due to federal student privacy regulations.

Peter Pattakos, an attorney retained by Wattley, said details of the events were exaggerated and parts are false. His statements were supported by five football players who attended the school board meeting in support of the eight coaches.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/06/04/seven-ohio-football-coaches-fired-after-forcing-jewish-player-to-eat-pork/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

Good grief.  What the heck is wrong with people?  I hope this is somehow a distortion but I suspect there is a lot of truth to the report. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More Black on Jew hate. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More Black on Jew hate.

That's right.  It's a textbook example of White Supremacy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Have a nice day!

Offline rustynail

Should the coaches be forced to eat hotdish or Jell-O mold?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Pork: The other White supremacy.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'd settle for Gefilte.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I met a lot of Black people in my life who do not eat pork, for one reason or another.
I have never met a Black person who would eat white bread with mayonnaise.
If you want to gross these guys out, make them eat that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

This story sickens me. I have to wonder why the county prosecutor hasn't filed hate crime charges against these men. Clearly, they targeted this boy because of his religion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

I'd settle for Gefilte.

Or spotted dick.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Canton McKinley is a traditional powerhouse. The fired coaches, I'm sorry to say, probably will be snatched up by other area schools. If I were interviewing any of them, I'd ask how their actions in this case actually benefited the team, let alone taught the boys valuable life lessons.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
IF that player is a devout,seriously religious practicing Jew,firing them ain't enough. They need to be sued into poverty in order to serve as an example.

BTW,I am probably THE least religious person on this board,but I DO recognize Judaism as a legitimate religion,and people in this formerly free country have a Constitutional RIGHT to be allowed to practice their religions beliefs as long as they are causing no harm to anyone else.

ANY government that can tell them they can't do this,also has the power to tell me I MUST follow some religious tenets.

BTW,NONE of this applies to Islam,which is a death cult,not a religion.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Well, this certainly is a wtf moment.
Ohio Coaches Sued For Allegedly Forcing Player To Eat Pork Against His Religious Beliefs File Defamation Suit
July 14, 2021 at 2:35 am

CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Six Ohio high school football coaches who were fired when a father complained his son was forced to eat a pork-based pepperoni pizza in violation of his religious beliefs have sued the parent, his attorney, school officials, and others for defamation.

The plaintiffs are former Canton McKinley head coach Marcus Wattley and five assistants, according to The Canton Repository.

The lawsuit filed Monday in Stark County said the player chose to remove pepperoni and cheese and eat the pizza instead of chicken nuggets when disciplined on May 24 for off-the-field behavior. Teammates ran laps for 20 minutes while carrying 45-pound (20-kilogram) weights as the teen sat in the middle of the gym and ate the pizza.

The coaches were unaware at the time that eating pork violated the player’s Hebrew Israelite religious beliefs, the complaint said. ...
AP via KDKA

Interesting phrase, "Hebrew Israelite." Sounds like this kid wasn't really Jewish. Turns out he isn't:
Black Hebrew Israelites (also called Hebrew Israelites, Black Hebrews, Black Israelites, and African Hebrew Israelites) are groups of African Americans who believe that they are the descendants of the ancient Israelites. To varying degrees, Black Hebrew Israelites incorporate certain aspects of the religious beliefs and practices of both Christianity and Judaism, though they have created their own interpretation of the Bible. Many choose to identify as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than Jews in order to indicate their claimed historic connections.

Black Hebrew Israelites are not associated with the mainstream Jewish community, and they do not meet the standards that are used to identify people as Jewish by the Jewish community.  ...
Wikipedia

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, this certainly is a wtf moment.AP via KDKA

Interesting phrase, "Hebrew Israelite." Sounds like this kid wasn't really Jewish. Turns out he isn't:Wikipedia

@mountaineer

So,he wasn't a regular run of the mill fool,he was a special fool?

Offline Wingnut

Now we know what all the fuss was really all about.   A pay day.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The coaches deserve to terminated if not prosecuted.

Freedom of Religion is a founding principle of America.

BTW, how does forcing someone to violate a tenent of faith help a team win games?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The coaches deserve to terminated if not prosecuted.

Freedom of Religion is a founding principle of America.

BTW, how does forcing someone to violate a tenent of faith help a team win games?

Try reading @mountaineer's Reply, a few posts upthread from this.  I think the coaching staff is suing because they have evidence this whining little baby eats pork.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Try reading @mountaineer's Reply, a few posts upthread from this.  I think the coaching staff is suing because they have evidence this whining little baby eats pork.

@Cyber Liberty

In other words,the whining little baby in an attention whore,seeking fame and fortune as a professional vic-tum because he doesn't have the talent to make it in pro-football.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

In other words,the whining little baby in an attention whore,seeking fame and fortune as a professional vic-tum because he doesn't have the talent to make it in pro-football.

It reminds me of that brat who tore a Radio Shack clock apart and reassembled it to look like a bomb.
I will NOT comply.