Author Topic: Eric Swalwell Hires Private Investigator to Stalk Mo Brooks So He Can Sue Him over Capitol Riot  (Read 612 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Swalwell Hires Private Investigator to Stalk Mo Brooks So He Can Sue Him over Capitol Riot

Joel B. Pollak 4 Jun 2021

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) has hired a private investigator to locate and follow Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) as he attempts to sue him for alleged culpability in the Capitol riot on January 6.

Swalwell, an eager participant in the “Russia collusion” conspiracy theory and in attempts to impeach President Donald Trump, has never been sued for his role.

But the failed former presidential candidate is suing Brooks, along with Trump and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Though he and Brooks share the same office building, Swalwell cannot serve process — notification of the lawsuit — on Brooks, meaning that the legal process cannot commence. He claims Brooks is ducking service — which Brooks denies.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday:

D.C. District Judge Amit Mehta granted Swalwell an additional 60 days to attempt to serve Brooks, but declined his lawyers’ request to enlist the help of the U.S. marshals to do so.

Brooks’ co-defendants in the case — the former president, his son Donald Trump Jr., and his attorney and friend Rudy Giuliani — have all waived service and already filed legal motions to dismiss the lawsuit, arguing that their words and actions are not responsible for the riot and are protected by the Constitution and that Swalwell is just trying to score political points.

Late Thursday, Brooks called the lawsuit petty politics in a statement to The Chronicle, saying Swalwell and his legal team had ample ways to reach him including “dozens” of public appearances.

“It is the plaintiff’s job to serve a lawsuit on a defendant, not the other way around,” Brooks said. “I am avoiding no one. I have altered my conduct not one iota since Swalwell’s politically motivated, meritless lawsuit was filed.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/04/eric-swalwell-hires-private-investigator-to-stalk-mo-brooks-so-he-can-sue-him-over-capitol-riot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
And if Brooks hired people to see who the latest chinese honey pot Duke Nuke'm is telling state secrets too, what would be the media response?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline PeteS in CA

Brooks has said he hasn't been hiding, so maybe Swillwell should check his PI's travel records for visits to Swillwell's wink777 "friend" wink777 in Guangzhou.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Killer Clouds

I must be missing something so someone please explain how Swallowwell has standing to sue for Jan. 6 BS.

Offline PeteS in CA

I must be missing something so someone please explain how Swallowwell has standing to sue for Jan. 6 BS.

He's claiming to have been traumatized or some such nonsense. I would be utterly unsurprised to learn that, like AOC, he wasn't even in the Capitol building.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Denial gave us Biden, like VD, a 'gift' that just keeps on giving.  Thank a NeverTrumper, either one, take your pick.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions