All options are noteworthy
0 (0%)
Elvis
0 (0%)
Hoyt Axton
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 09, 2021, 12:47:41 pm

Author Topic: Who did it better ~ Three Dog Night or Waylon Jennings  (Read 2617 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Who did it better ~ Three Dog Night or Waylon Jennings
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2021, 03:39:13 pm »
   That kicked my azz @Lando Lincoln   Thanks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2021, 03:53:37 pm »
I love this...I can't even listen to S&G anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2021, 03:56:37 pm »
Disturbed is absolutely the best cover of "Sounds of Silence" hands down ... Draiman even received an  invitation to a party from Simon and they met and sat down and talked, Simon thought his cover was amazing and presented it on his social media!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntNfwoKD0XA

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2021, 03:57:38 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg

888high58888  A 100x better!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2021, 08:14:11 pm »

Fact. He has such a marvelous, trained, clear voice... It's really stunning in that range and clarity. The metal edge is really almost an afterthought...

But the operatic, almost cinematic means by which he moves from an intimacy in telling the story, to a disbelief, an urgency crying out, pleading, almost grieving... and no one listening, to finally that metal edge expressing hard anger at the foolishness of it all... The performance of the song is utterly magnificent, and so utterly different - and in this case, BETTER - So much better a fit that the melodious harmonies delivered by S and G. It is absolutely STUNNING.

The composition lends itself too - Very intimate, almost acapella with a light distant guitar to begin, with a beautiful swell in the music reaching crescendo, finally for but a moment in his anger....

That song - Paul Simon's mastery of his craft is unmistakable. But Disturbed's delivery shook the ground - Truly a masterpiece.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »
And now for something completely different.

Try this one.  "You're Gonna Get What's Coming"

Bonnie Raitt

Robert Palmer

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-