Author Topic: Abbott Indicates at Least 2 Special Sessions on the Horizon  (Read 727 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Jeramy Kitchen June 3, 2021

Abbott stopped short of giving a specific time in which the first would take place, but he indicated it would be before the special session he has previously eluded to in September or October.

Thursday morning, while being interviewed on the radio by Chad Hasty, Gov. Greg Abbott all but confirmed there will be at least two special called legislative sessions.

While he stopped short of giving a specific time for the first special session, he indicated that it would address election integrity, bail reform, and potentially other issues. The other special called session, which will be held around September or October, will be specific to redistricting and the use of federal COVID-19 funding.

Abbott said, “I’m not going to engage in Monday morning quarterbacking, but I’ll treat this as halftime. We didn’t get this done in the first half, but we’ll get there in the second half.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbott-indicates-at-least-2-special-sessions-on-the-horizon/

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Abbott Indicates at Least 2 Special Sessions on the Horizon
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 11:37:12 pm »
He had better include the bill to outlaw vaccine "passport" requirements, or he loses my vote.
Let it burn.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 11:48:39 pm »
He had better include the bill to outlaw vaccine "passport" requirements, or he loses my vote.

Even if he does ... more and more countries overseas are requiring vaccines in order to travel to their country as well a cruise lines.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:43:43 am »
Even if he does ... more and more countries overseas are requiring vaccines in order to travel to their country as well a cruise lines.

That's not what I'm concerned about. The law will actually apply to businesses, to make it illegal for them to require employees to be vaccinated in order to work. See TX House Bill 1687, and TX Senate Bill 2245.
Let it burn.