Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Just Shut Up Already, Facebook  (Read 150 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: Just Shut Up Already, Facebook
« on: June 03, 2021, 06:33:50 pm »
Just Shut Up Already, Facebook
Derek Hunter

Posted: Jun 03, 2021 12:01 AM

Everyone grew up with someone who obnoxiously would recount everything you’d just gone through, to the people who were, like they weren’t – “Did you see that chick who started talking to you?” Yeah, I was talking to her. “My God, she just walked right up and started talking to you!” For some reason, Facebook thinks commercials feature people like this is a good way to get Congress to allow them to rewrite Internet regulations.

If you’ve watched cable TV at all in the last month you’ve seen one of those stupid ads from Facebook calling for new Internet regulations. They feature obnoxious 25-year-olds recounting things everyone older than they have lived through – flip phones, dial-up Internet, etc. – like they aren’t addressing people who were not in diapers at the time. “I was born in 1996, the last time Internet regulations were updated.” Actually, that’s the year they, to the extent they exist, were written. Who do they think these brats who brag about their lives are online appeal to?

There are few things more annoying than millennials talking about events they aren’t old enough to remember like they personally played a pivotal role in their creation. That’s the tone of these commercials. Facebook wants new Internet regulations because…of course they do.

Despite the common misconception, giant corporations are not conservative or opposed to government regulations. In fact, they love regulations because the larger the company is, the more likely it is that they’ll be in the room when it comes time to write them. The deeper the pockets, the tighter the grip on the pen that writes the laws.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/06/03/just-shut-up-already-facebook-n2590370
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Derek Hunter: Just Shut Up Already, Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 01:29:12 am »
We need new internet regulations?

What are the problems with the Internet?

Fakebook's censorship and violations of personal privacy

Twitter's censorship and violations of personal privacy.

Google's censorship and violations of personal privacy.

See a pattern here?   

And Fakebook and Twatter and Google want a big push to rewrite communications laws?   

What could possibly go wrong?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.