Author Topic: The Democrats’ Dinosaur Problem  (Read 399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democrats’ Dinosaur Problem
« on: June 03, 2021, 01:08:07 pm »
June 3, 2021
The Democrats’ Dinosaur Problem
By Edward R. Zuckerbrod

In a more perfect world, politicians not subject to term limits would be, like other perishable goods, stamped with a “sell by” date. An electorally safe county, district or reliably one-party state may convince some of them that theirs is a sinecure for life, but such self-reverence comes at a cost to the people they represent. As they stick around beyond their usefulness, and simple survival becomes their paramount concern, constituents are left with indifferent advocates, little more than glad handing automatons. They can even sometimes become real obstacles to the maintenance of sensible policy. Their attempts to shore-up their waning influence and hold onto their prized perks, only work to crowd out abler aspirants coming off the non-stop assembly line of bright, ambitious office seekers.

Lest we be accused of practicing “ageism” (FYI: I’m no spring chicken myself), it’s necessary to add that the condition’s not always solely a function of advancing years. But alas, after stubbornly clinging to office for long periods, politicians -- even relatively younger ones -- develop a warmed-over, cosmetically salvaged look consisting of one part vanity to two parts desperation. Try as they might to appear fresh and earnest as when they first arrived on the scene, with each snooze-inducing congressional hearing or insipid Sunday TV appearance, it is a losing battle.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/06/the_democrats_dinosaur_problem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Democrats’ Dinosaur Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 01:19:35 pm »
I was born in 1971.  Joe Biden was first elected to the US Senate in 1972.

Mitch McConnell was first elected to the US senate in 1984.  I graduated junior high in 1985.

Nancy Pelosi was first elected to the House of Reps in 1987.  I graduated high school in 1989.

There's a lot of mold growing on those loaves of bread.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 02:15:32 pm »
Coming soon, Democrats will lose 80% of their leadership in less than a year.
Almost all Democrats in leadership positions are between 70-90 years old. They cannot live forever.
And when that snowball starts rolling, it is going to happen all at once.
There will be a funeral every month, or even every week. Who knows?

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 05:22:59 pm »
Almost all Democrats in leadership positions are between 70-90 years old. They cannot live forever.
Ah, you just brought a smile to someone's face!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 12:10:48 am »

We can only hope, right?

AOC is hoping, certainly.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 09:20:11 pm »
We can only hope, right?

AOC is hoping, certainly.
Used to live next to an old-folks home.
There was an ambulance there every single day.
Now that the American government has become a de facto old-folks home.
It is bound to happen.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.