Author Topic: DeSantis On NCAA Threat To Pull Events From States That Protect Girl Sports: ‘To Hell’ With Your ‘Ev  (Read 491 times)

Offline Hoodat

DeSantis On NCAA Threat To Pull Events From States That Protect Girl Sports: ‘To Hell’ With Your ‘Events’

Daily Wire News  |  Jun 1, 2021

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis slammed the NCAA during a Fox News interview on Tuesday night that highlighted a bill that DeSantis signed earlier in the day that protected girl’s sports in the state.

“I think as these bills were going through various legislatures, I remember the NCAA put out a statement saying any state that enacts this, we’re not going to hold events there,” DeSantis said. “And so I called the Speaker of the House in Florida and I said, ‘did you hear what they said?’ And he’s like, ‘yeah,’ I said, we definitely got to get this done.”

“You can’t be cowed by these organizations, or particularly by woke corporations from doing the right thing. And so my view was throughout this whole time, we have to protect our girls, it is discriminatory to force them to compete against biological males,” DeSantis continued. “And so if the price of having a tournament is that I have to deny equal opportunity to hundreds of thousands of young girl and women athletes throughout Florida, I am much more willing to stand with the girls. And to hell with these events.”

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1399909565014020100

https://www.dailywire.com/news/desantis-on-ncaa-threat-to-pull-events-from-states-that-protect-girl-sports-to-hell-with-your-events
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DeSantus Claus continues to deliver presents to the good little boys and girls from FL.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

DeSantus Claus continues to deliver presents to the good little boys and girls from FL.

Hopefully deSantis will be placing a finger aside his nose in the west wing and allowing his belly to shake like a bowl full of jelly in the Oval Office come January 2025.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hopefully deSantis will be placing a finger aside his nose in the west wing and allowing his belly to shake like a bowl full of jelly in the Oval Office come January 2025.

The rats just want to find DeSantas "magic dust".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.