Author Topic: To Save The Republican Party, the GOP Must Die  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
To Save The Republican Party, the GOP Must Die
« on: June 02, 2021, 01:38:51 pm »
June 2, 2021
To Save The Republican Party, the GOP Must Die
By Brian Parsons

The GOP must die. The Grand Old Party is over and unsalvageable. The name finds its origin in the post-Civil War era as the party that saved the Union, but whatever positive connotations may have come with the GOP moniker are dead and gone now.  Today, GOP conjures images of gray hairs at the country club and board meetings at Halliburton, and it seems the only thing it is nterested in saving is the status quo. There was a time when these perceptions could be dismissed as partisan pejoratives, but at some point, Republican Party leadership chose to embrace and embody the characterization.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

As of late, GOP legacies like Paul Ryan and Liz Cheney have decided that they will draw a line in the sand and say "you're either with us or against us."  Denouncing the effective but unpolished populism of Donald Trump, they paint the future of the Republican Party as bleak should it continue down this path of uncouth but wildly successful policy. The answer, of course, is a resounding "bye Felicia!"  Believing themselves the arbiters of conservatism, they have determined that populism has no place in the Republican Party. By their standards, conservatism amounts to congeniality and infinite surrender.  Like a toothless dog that threatens to gum you to death, the GOP has no bite. And I'm left questioning whether it wants to?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/06/to_save_the_republican_party_the_gop_must_die.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Re: To Save The Republican Party, the GOP Must Die
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 02:07:09 pm »
June 2, 2021
To Save The Republican Party, the GOP Must Die By Brian Parsons
The GOP must die. The Grand Old Party is over and unsalvageable. The name finds its origin in the post-Civil War era as the party that saved the Union, but whatever positive connotations may have come with the GOP moniker are dead and gone now.  Today, GOP conjures images of gray hairs at the country club and board meetings at Halliburton, and it seems the only thing it is interested in saving is the status quo. There was a time when these perceptions could be dismissed as partisan pejoratives, but at some point, Republican Party leadership chose to embrace and embody the characterization.  Fool me twice, shame on me.
As of late, GOP legacies like Paul Ryan and Liz Cheney have decided that they will draw a line in the sand and say "you're either with us or against us."  Denouncing the effective but unpolished populism of Donald Trump, they paint the future of the Republican Party as bleak should it continue down this path of uncouth but wildly successful policy. The answer, of course, is a resounding "bye Felicia!"  Believing themselves the arbiters of conservatism, they have determined that populism has no place in the Republican Party. By their standards, conservatism amounts to congeniality and infinite surrender.  Like a toothless dog that threatens to gum you to death, the GOP has no bite. And I'm left questioning whether it wants to?
----------------------------------
On the mark.
Our Agrarian Rural Democrats/South & Federalists/North, while flawed were principled.
In contrast, the Republicans were never anything but errand boys for the Northern Mercantile,
then later the Industrial Class; who never had a solitary Conservative Principle in their heads
from Lincoln to the present. They never will be missed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:28:47 pm by Absalom »

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 02:15:23 pm »
   We need to expand our Horizons and get rid of the Uniparty, altogether.

Dave Alvin and Jimmie Dale Gilmore - "Get Together" Official Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKskOfI55_s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 02:29:29 pm »
----------------------------------
On the mark.
Our Agrarian Rural Democrats/South & Federalists/North, while flawed were principled.
In contrast, the Republicans were never anything but errand boys for the Northern Mercantile,
then later the Industrial Class; who never had a solitary Conservative Principle in their heads
from Lincoln to the present. They never will be missed!
and then the Industrial
I'm of the mind that maybe the populists should leave the GOP and form their own party. You can have a dynasty of Trumps running for president.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 02:33:24 pm »
I'm of the mind that maybe the populists should leave the GOP and form their own party. You can have a dynasty of Trumps running for president.

With all due respect @goatprairie Then we would have 3 worthless parties.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 03:50:22 pm »

I can see why @goatprairie would like it.  The Republicans would split in two, leaving the field wide open for Democrat hegemony. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 04:38:56 pm »
I can see why @goatprairie would like it.  The Republicans would split in two, leaving the field wide open for Democrat hegemony.

2020 was a benchmark year because the dimocratic party realized they can electronically control all close results without being challenged. Add the fact dim leaning illegal immigrants are going to start flooding the voter rolls.   

So as far as I am concerned (and trying not to sound too defeatist), it's Bill Paxon "Game Over Man" time.  There will have to be some kind of serious rebellion or political upheaval to change what has been rubbed in our faces.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 04:45:08 pm »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 07:57:43 pm »

Better the worthless party I know, GOP, than one predicated on subservience to one person. One person who won't be around that much longer.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 08:01:13 pm »
Better the worthless party I know, GOP, than one predicated on subservience to one person.
Its best not to comment on things you (still) do not understand.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 08:46:23 pm »
I blame the George W. Bush '43 crowd for this mess.  They abandoned limited government, fiscal discipline, and private enterprise to nation build in Iraq, to create Medicare Part D (without competitive bidding), and to choose winners and loosers in 2008/2009 Financial Crisis.

It was the GOP Establishment's abandonment of conservative principles, and Obama's government over-reach that gave rise to the Tea Party movement.

I voted for Obama in 2008, hoping the GOP establish would learn a lesson from losing the McCain.  They didn't.

I voted for Obama in 2012, hoping the GOP establishment would finally learn a lesson from losing with Romney.  Again, they learned nothing.

I voted for Trump in the 2016 GOP Primary because the rest of the field were flacid, flip-flopping, shallow, opportunist charlatan snake oil salesmen.

I voted for Trump in the 2016 Presidential Election.  Any other GOP candidate would have lost to Hillary Clinton.

In 2017 and 2018, when the GOP had the Presidency, the House of Reps, and the US Senate, weak GOP establishment House Speakers, Boehner and Ryan, squandered the opportunity to get back to conservative principles of limited government and fiscal discipline.  Jelly fish have more spine than the GOP establishment.

The GOP establishment is pre-occupied with holding power rather than using it.  What's the point of the GOP having power if they don't advance a principled conservative agenda?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 08:47:28 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 08:56:37 pm »
It was the GOP Establishment's abandonment of conservative principles, and Obama's government over-reach that gave rise to the Tea Party movement.

[...]

The GOP establishment is pre-occupied with holding power rather than using it.  What's the point of the GOP having power if they don't advance a principled conservative agenda?

Your mistake is in thinking that they ever were standing for Principled Conservatism in the first place.

Principled Conservatism has only been defended in ONE place politically - And that is the far RIGHT wing of the Republican party. The Goldwater/Reagan wing. They have not been in power since Reagan, with a small win in the 94 Congress.

Y'all keep voting for Moderate wing (Bush, McCaint) or liberal wing (Romney) and putting them in there, all the while claiming that REAL Conservatives don't have the social chops to win. And y'all eat that crap up every time.

That is exactly why I am a Republican no more.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 09:41:11 pm »
I blame the George W. Bush '43 crowd for this mess.  They abandoned limited government, fiscal discipline, and private enterprise to nation build in Iraq, to create Medicare Part D (without competitive bidding), and to choose winners and loosers in 2008/2009 Financial Crisis.

I voted for Obama in 2008, hoping the GOP establish would learn a lesson from losing the McCain.  They didn't.

I voted for Obama in 2012, hoping the GOP establishment would finally learn a lesson from losing with Romney.  Again, they learned nothing.

I voted for Trump in the 2016 GOP Primary because the rest of the field were flacid, flip-flopping, shallow, opportunist charlatan snake oil salesmen.

I voted for Trump in the 2016 Presidential Election.  Any other GOP candidate would have lost to Hillary Clinton.

In 2017 and 2018, when the GOP had the Presidency, the House of Reps, and the US Senate, weak GOP establishment House Speakers, Boehner and Ryan, squandered the opportunity to get back to conservative principles of limited government and fiscal discipline.  Jelly fish have more spine than the GOP establishment.

You can't expect conservatism to take hold when there are no true conservatives running.  There are but a handful of conservatives left in Congress; certainly not enough to make a difference.

People keep voting for political candidates because they have an 'R' next to their name -- that's not enough nor obviously does it mean that they are conservative.

I am no longer a registered Republican.  The party has no backbone.  They stand for nothing. They do nothing.  Why bother?  As far as I can tell the GOP is dead and we've lost our Republic as we once knew her.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 11:34:57 pm »
MassRINO wrote:
"I voted for Obama in 2008, hoping the GOP establish would learn a lesson from losing the McCain.  They didn't.
I voted for Obama in 2012, hoping the GOP establishment would finally learn a lesson from losing with Romney.  Again, they learned nothing."

These two paragraphs tell me all I need to know about you, pal.
That's all I'm gonna say.