Author Topic: Iran Loses Largest Warship After Fire Cripples, Sinks Vessel in Gulf of Oman  (Read 759 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iran Loses Largest Warship After Fire Cripples, Sinks Vessel in Gulf of Oman

Simon Kent 2 Jun 2021

Iran’s largest naval vessel caught fire and sank Wednesday in the Gulf of Oman, under circumstances yet to be made clear by Tehran.

The IRNA news outlet reports multiple efforts over 26 hours failed to save the British-built ship from foundering in what is just the latest disaster to hit the trouble-plagued Iranian navy.

Video of the incident was soon making its way around social media outlets, showing the stricken vessel disappearing beneath the waves in a cloud of acrid smoke:

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1400056048262815751

more
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2021/06/02/iran-loses-largest-warship-after-fire-cripples-sinks-vessel-in-gulf-of-oman/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Damn shame.  No loss of life.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Too bad, so sad.  :whistle:
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sorry I've expended my budget of Seinfeld "That's a Shame" memes this month.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

Best damn news I'll probably hear all day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline thackney

Largest Warship =  44 year old supply ship with two helicopters.

Kharg helicopter carrier / replenishment ship
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/kharg-ao.htm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
No problem. Biden/Obama will just buy them a new and better one.
With borrowed money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Absalom

Obviously, Sailor Man Popeye was at the Iranian helm.

Offline Hoodat

Fire is the #1 threat for any naval vessel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

No problem. Biden/Obama will just buy them a new and better one.
With borrowed money.

If it was actually borrowed we'd be in better shape. They're simply creating it out of thin air.

Offline PeteS in CA

Hmmm: Iran's largest warship mysteriously explodes, sinks; UPDATE: Large refinery fire erupts near Tehran

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/06/02/hmmm-irans-largest-warship-mysteriously-explodes-sinks-n394031

“Unclear circumstances.” That’s the word from quasi-official Iranian news agencies about the sinking of the Kharg, their largest warship while on patrol in the Gulf of Oman. Initial reports are sketchy, but there appears to have been an explosion in the engine room:
What happened? It might be a case of engine failure, neglect, or incompetence by the Kharg’s crew. On the other hand, the rash of other ship fires in the area provides some interesting context:
Update: Is this also a coincidence?

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1400122854260318220

Commercial vessels aren't generally built to the same standards of robustness as naval vessels. Iran has converted a couple of cargo vessels into helicopter carriers, this being one. Another is currently headed for Venezuela.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 04:36:12 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is what you can achieve with an orbital 'Beam' weapons system.

One direct pulse shuts down all electrical grids and the 2nd burst directs enough heat to a flammable source on board the vessel.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Avon just made another rubber raft sale...
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

This is what you can achieve with an orbital 'Beam' weapons system.

One direct pulse shuts down all electrical grids and the 2nd burst directs enough heat to a flammable source on board the vessel.
Musta been Israel's 'cause I very much doubt today's US military leadership would authorize such an act.

Offline thackney

Musta been Israel's 'cause I very much doubt today's US military leadership would authorize such an act.

I would be either Israel physical sabotage or Iranian incompetence.  Could even be both.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Iran needs to import some glass bottom vessels from France.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter opined:
"Musta been Israel's 'cause I very much doubt today's US military leadership would authorize such an act."

Can you say M. O. S. S. A. D.
???
I knew you could!