Author Topic: Biden sets up government shutdown to get taxpayer funding for abortion  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden sets up government shutdown to get taxpayer funding for abortion
by W. James Antle III, Politics Editor |
 | June 02, 2021 06:00 AM

If $6 trillion in spending and a projected $1.8 trillion deficit did not make President Joe Biden’s first federal budget proposal a heavy lift, the blueprint also paves the way for taxpayer funding of abortion.

The Biden budget removes the Hyde Amendment, a provision attached to annual appropriations bills that has historically prevented federal funding of abortion in most cases for over 40 years under presidents of both parties. Named after Rep. Henry Hyde, an anti-abortion Illinois Republican, it initially passed in 1976 with over 100 Democratic votes in the House.

Biden, whose own position on abortion evolved as he began to harbor presidential ambitions in the 1980s, supported the Hyde Amendment until 2019. Many of his rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination favored getting rid of the policy, including now Vice President Kamala Harris, as did liberals in Congress.

“If I believe healthcare is a right, as I do, I can no longer support an amendment that makes that right dependent on someone’s zip code,” Biden said at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Georgia, where a Republican legislative majority passed laws curbing access to abortion in the run-up to the presidential race.

“There’s no rationale that can be offered that if you’re covered by the federal system, you cannot then use the federal funding to seek reproductive healthcare,” Biden said at a Planned Parenthood forum in South Carolina that same year.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/politics/joe-biden-budget-hyde-abortion-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

The so called government shut downs are BS. Essential personnel still work and most people don't even know the difference.  Shut down the government. SO WHAT?

Offline Hoodat

They're already using taxpayer funding for abortion.  Been doing so for decades now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Peculiar, that.   The writer of the article seems to be somewhat conservative, but he calls Henry Hyde "anti-iabortion", not pro-life.

Whatever happened to the concept of mis-labeling people?   The press would scream at him for denouncing boys in girls' sports, because those losers self-identify as gurls.  But let an American self-identify as pro-life, and oh, no, that's not allowed.   Never let the enemy dictate any terms of discussion.

Anyway, it won't be long before (b)LM demands that no white babies be allowed birth.

And even if "health care" was a "right" (of course it isn't), if "rights" are going to be funded by the taxpayer, I want my free Obama-AR-15 right now, with ammo.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:12:36 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.