Author Topic: Biden puts Harris in charge of efforts to protect voting rights  (Read 701 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden puts Harris in charge of efforts to protect voting rights
By Brett Samuels - 06/01/21 05:16 PM EDT

President Biden on Tuesday tasked Vice President Harris with leading his administration's efforts to protect voting rights, adding an urgent and complex issue to her growing portfolio.

Biden made the announcement during a speech in Tulsa, Okla., where he marked the 100th anniversary of a massacre in which a white mob killed hundreds of Black people and destroyed a thriving community known as Black Wall Street.

The president pointed to the systemic challenges facing Black Americans 100 years later, including threats to the right to vote as multiple states debate and pass laws that experts say will make it more difficult for minorities in particular to cast their ballot.

"To signify the importance of our efforts, today I’m asking Vice President Harris to help these efforts and lead them among her many other responsibilities," Biden said. "With her leadership and your support, we’re going to overcome again, but it’s going to take a hell of a lot of work."

Biden called the challenges to voting rights in recent months a "truly unprecedented assault on our democracy." Georgia, Florida and Arizona, all competitive states in the 2020 election, have seen Republican-led legislatures drastically overhaul voting procedures. Texas is looking to pass a similar law, though Democratic lawmakers there managed to thwart its passage over the weekend.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/556374-biden-puts-harris-in-charge-of-efforts-to-protect-voting-rights
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden puts Harris in charge of efforts to protect voting rights
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 09:57:59 pm »
Great choice.  If she does with the border like this new gig we are golden.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 10:06:57 pm »
   She seems like a bottomless pit ol joe keeps throwing his problems into.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 10:10:38 pm »

My thoughts exactly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 10:20:06 pm »

I share this opinion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 10:54:14 pm »
Putting Kamala 'in charge' of anything will have the same effect as if he put his dog 'in charge'.
Biden is looking for a way to dump his responsibilities so he can 'call a lid' at 10am every day.
Could be anyone. Biden doesn't care. Kamala just happened to be in the room.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 12:00:17 am »

That was my immediate thought. Unfortunately she's probably more likely to try to "do something" and make a mess for a bunch of decent people, like she did with David Daleiden.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:57:43 am »

Biden Appoints Harris to Lead White House Efforts on Voting Rights
PoliticsIsabel van Brugen   Jun 2, 2021 Share

President Joe Biden on Tuesday announced that he has placed Vice President Kamala Harris in charge of White House efforts to protect voting rights.

Voting is a “sacred right under assault with incredible intensity like I’ve never seen,” the president said referring to efforts by Republican state lawmakers nationwide to tighten election security. He made the remarks during a visit to Tulsa, Oklahoma on the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa race massacre.

“I’m asking Vice President Harris to help these efforts, to lead them among her many other responsibilities. With her leadership and your support, we’re going to overcome again… It’s going to take a hell of a lot of work,” Biden said.

https://www.ntd.com/biden-appoints-harris-to-lead-white-house-efforts-on-voting-rights_621773.html

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 11:58:43 am »
If she is as effective on voting rights as she is on immigration, there is no chance for another honest election. 333cleo

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 01:06:15 pm »
If she is as effective on voting rights as she is on immigration, there is no chance for another honest election. 333cleo
To me this sounds like good news. If Biden appointed Harris czar of election integrity I'd be worried.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 04:59:09 pm »
Biden put Harris in charge of protecting the voting rights of dead democrats and illegals, the greatest voting block democrats have.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 05:03:08 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 05:13:55 pm »
That's like putting a zombie in charge of brain storage.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.