Author Topic: Psychiatrist Paul McHugh: Transgender ‘Folly’ Will ‘Collapse, Just as Eugenics Folly Collapsed’  (Read 1020 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Psychiatrist Paul McHugh: Transgender ‘Folly’ Will ‘Collapse, Just as Eugenics Folly Collapsed’

Dr. Susan Berry 1 Jun 2021

One of the world’s most renowned experts on the transgender phenomenon declared in an interview he is “absolutely convinced” the transgender movement is “folly and it’s going to collapse, just as the eugenics folly collapsed.”

In an interview at the end of May with Matthew J. Franck, contributing editor of Public Discourse, Paul McHugh, M.D. the University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, warned puberty is a complex biological process that has been “over-simplified” to the detriment of children with gender dysphoria who are being treated with puberty blockers.

He compared the course of the transgender phenomenon to that of eugenics:

Eugenics was quite as powerful, after all. I’m reassured that we psychiatrists have been everywhere before. Fortunately, Adolf Meyer, my predecessor at Johns Hopkins, was one of the few psychiatrists in the world, really, who said “I don’t think we can go this way with the eugenics movement.” And so I feel I’m in good company by saying this is going to collapse.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/01/psychiatrist-paul-mchugh-transgender-folly-will-collapse-just-as-eugenics-folly-collapsed/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

The left excels at folly... No amount of logic or facts can dissuade them. They have to take it to the bitter end to "discover" that it was a failure from the start. Never mind all the casualties along the way...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
News for the shrink:  Eugenics never went out of vogue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

Psychiatrist Paul McHugh: Transgender ‘Folly’ Will ‘Collapse, Just as Eugenics Folly Collapsed’
Dr. Susan Berry 1 Jun 2021
One of the world’s most renowned experts on the transgender phenomenon declared in an interview he is “absolutely convinced” the transgender movement is “folly and it’s going to collapse, just as the eugenics folly collapsed.”
In an interview at the end of May with Matthew J. Franck, contributing editor of Public Discourse, Paul McHugh, M.D. the University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, warned puberty is a complex biological process that has been “over-simplified” to the detriment of children with gender dysphoria who are being treated with puberty blockers. He compared the course of the transgender phenomenon to that of eugenics:
Eugenics was quite as powerful, after all. I’m reassured that we psychiatrists have been everywhere before. Fortunately, Adolf Meyer, my predecessor at Johns Hopkins, was one of the few psychiatrists in the world, really, who said “I don’t think we can go this way with the eugenics movement.” And so I feel I’m in good company by saying this is going to collapse.
-------------------------------------------------
Creation produced our Universe and its occupants, human and otherwise; along
w/Natural Law, as Mankind's eternal guide.
Over millennia, Natural Law was uncovered through logic & reason; involving concepts
of behavior familiar to every era of Humanity, since Eden.
The essence of Natural Law was derived from Human Nature while having nothing to
do w/Mankind's self-created rules of governance.
From Eden till the Enlightenment, Man understood that Rights & Responsibilities were interlocked and dependent; as such he behaved accordingly.
But that fateful turn, unleashed by the cry of Liberte' (Freedom) across the world,
muddled much of Mankind's spiritual sensibilities, replacing them w/material
betterment as his more noble objective; for which we are infinitely worse off.
As man is eternally imperfect, abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism and the like,
have always existed; yet as oddities that were rejected and punished accordingly.
Now we are in a time where reflection and responsibility has largely evaporated,
exposing Mankind to the neuroses/psychoses that rage across our nation and a
governance both unable & unwilling to do anything about the conditions in which
we are mired.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:22:07 am by Absalom »

Offline roamer_1

News for the shrink:  Eugenics never went out of vogue.

Gates and Fauci, and their current positions on the board, make that a provable statement.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gates and Fauci, and their current positions on the board, make that a provable statement.
not to mention the Orwellian named Planned Parenthood, trimming the blacks' numbers at three times the rate of whites. https://www2.census.gov/library/publications/2010/compendia/statab/130ed/tables/11s0099.pdf
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

not to mention the Orwellian named Planned Parenthood, trimming the blacks' numbers at three times the rate of whites. https://www2.census.gov/library/publications/2010/compendia/statab/130ed/tables/11s0099.pdf

Yep... Though I do believe the end game is a controllable serfdom. They have been trying to put it all back into feudalism's box ever since the English Middle Class got an arm over the edge and fought their way out to liberty.

Online rustynail

How is he allowed to say those things?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How is he allowed to say those things?
McHugh has always been a rebel in the child psychology field, a lone voice in the wilderness. Why hasn't Johns Hopkins fired him? Perhaps he got tenure, I don't know.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
McHugh has always been a rebel in the child psychology field, a lone voice in the wilderness. Why hasn't Johns Hopkins fired him? Perhaps he got tenure, I don't know.
Maybe deep down the Trustees there figure that when the pendulum swings the other way (no pun intended), they'll have someone at the forefront of the 'new' developments.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis