Author Topic: When the Remedy is the Worst Thing  (Read 242 times)

rangerrebew

When the Remedy is the Worst Thing
« on: June 01, 2021, 04:51:04 pm »
When the Remedy is the Worst Thing

Datum: 1. Juni 2021Autor: uwe.roland.gross 0 Kommentare   
Sharing is caring!

When I was last here flapping my contrarian wings, I painted a rather depressing picture of dictionaries obsessing over the existence of a rather rare and endangered creature called the ‘climate change denier’ but almost completely overlooking the existence of the much more prevalent ‘climate change sceptic’. The evidence seemed to be suggesting that climate change scepticism may no longer have a legitimate voice because it doesn’t even have lexical endorsement. However, there is another way of looking at this. It’s a perspective that is a million miles away from the parlour game debates that you will find on the internet and it is equally removed from the world of propaganda that one encounters in everything from BBC ‘specials’, COP jamborees, the vast majority of op eds gracing the world of journalism, and the Merriam Webster dictionary. I speak, of course, of the world of commerce and industry. Because, when all is said and done, that is the real world where action really does speak louder than words. And it is a world in which, I think you will find, climate change scepticism still very much rules the roost, irrespective of the dictionary’s fondest desires.

It’s about balancing risk

https://climate-science.press/2021/06/01/when-the-remedy-is-the-worst-thing/