Author Topic: Hackers Threatening Meat Now, With World's Largest Supplier Hit by 'Organized' Attack  (Read 2033 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hackers Threatening Meat Now, With World's Largest Supplier Hit by 'Organized' Attack
By Nick Arama | Jun 01, 2021 11:00 AM ET

Looks like the hackers are getting bolder.

A cyberattack hit the largest supplier of meat in the world, JBS, affecting its North American and Australian IT systems, according to USA Today. The U.S. subsidiary, JBS USA, announced they had been the victim of an “organized cybersecurity attack” on Sunday and they shut down their affected systems. They’ve called in experts to help investigate.

JBS is the leading processor of beef, pork, and other prepared foods in the U.S. with 84 U.S. properties. They have 65 production facilities with operations in 28 US states, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, KCNC-TV reported.

It’s not clear yet how that will affect the U.S. production facilities, although some facilities elsewhere have been shut down. The company said that their back-up servers were still operational and that customer, supplier, and employee data didn’t appear to have been compromised as a result. But that because it would take time to resolve the issue, that this could cause delays to customers and suppliers. They are unable to say how long this may take to resolve. That could impact meat supply, if it goes on for any length of time, just like the Colonial Pipeline impacted gas supply.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/06/01/hackers-threatening-meat-now-with-worlds-largest-supplier-hit-by-organized-attack-n389584
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Next up US Tyson Chicken facilities still recovering from Covid, their plants got hit hard.  They also have a major presence in the CCP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Yahoo Finance
Fabiana Batista, Michael Hirtzer and Elizabeth Elkin
Tue, June 1, 2021, 1:03 PM

(Bloomberg) -- A cyberattack on JBS SA, the largest meat producer globally, has forced the shutdown of some of world’s largest slaughterhouses, and there are signs that the closures are spreading.

JBS’s five biggest beef plants in the U.S. -- which altogether handle 22,500 cattle a day -- have halted processing following a weekend attack on the company’s computer networks, according to JBS posts on Facebook, labor unions and employees. Those outages alone have wiped out nearly a fifth of America’s production. Slaughter operations across Australia were also down, according to a trade group. One of Canada’s largest beef plants was idled for a second day.

It’s unclear exactly how many plants globally have been affected by the attack as JBS has yet to release details that granular. The prospect of more extensive shutdowns around the world is already upending agricultural markets and raising concerns about food security as hackers increasingly target critical infrastructure. In the U.S., JBS accounts for about a quarter of all U.S. beef capacity and roughly a fifth of all pork capacity. Livestock futures slumped while pork prices rose.

(more)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/meat-latest-cyber-victim-hackers-214130697.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

The White House said on Tuesday that Brazil's JBS SA has informed the U.S. government that a ransomware attack against the company that has disrupted meat production in North America and Australia originated from a criminal organization likely based in Russia.

JBS is the world's largest meatpacker and the incident caused its Australian operations to shut down on Monday and has stopped livestock slaughter at its plants in several U.S. states....

...JBS also owns most of chicken processor Pilgrim's Pride Co, which sells organic chicken under the Just Bare brand.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/some-us-meat-plants-stop-operating-after-jbs-cyber-attack-2021-06-01/

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 07:32:20 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

I know the lefties are trying to get us to eat cicadas instead of meat, but this is ridiculous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Well just in case, I picked up 3 family packs of hamburger for $1.99 a pound a few minutes ago.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: 20% of America’s Beef Production ‘Wiped Out’ After JBS Cyberattack

Joshua Caplan 1 Jun 2021

Approximately 20 percent of the United States’ beef capacity has been “wiped out” following a cyberattack on JBS SA, the largest meat producer in the world, according to a Tuesday report.

Bloomberg News reports:

JBS’s five biggest beef plants in the U.S. — which altogether handle 22,500 cattle a day — halted processing following a weekend attack on the Brazilian company’s computer networks, according to JBS posts on Facebook, labor unions and employees. Those outages wiped out nearly a fifth of America’s production. Slaughter operations across Australia were also down, according to a trade group, and one of Canada’s largest beef plants was idled.

…

The prospect of more extensive shutdowns around the world is already upending agricultural markets and raising concerns about food security as hackers increasingly target critical infrastructure.

…

In the U.S., JBS accounts for about a quarter of all U.S. beef capacity and roughly a fifth of all pork capacity.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/01/report-americas-beef-production-wiped-out-after-jbs-cyberattack/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

Interesting that all these cyber attacks are happening under Pedo Joe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Well just in case, I picked up 3 family packs of hamburger for $1.99 a pound a few minutes ago.

I am kicking myself. I only got three steers this year.  8888crybaby

Online libertybele

Wow.  That's a bargain!  I paid $5.99/lb. for ground sirloin.

Our chest freezer is filled to the brim with meat and our side-by-side freezer inside the house is also full.

I am kicking myself for not buying a bigger chest freezer! 

The price of beef has gone up since the pandemic and I'm wondering if this is just another way to raise prices??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@thackney
@mystery-ak

Article says: "JBS also owns most of chicken processor Pilgrim's Pride Co, which sells organic chicken under the Just Bare brand."
I watched Pilgrim's Pride Co. begin.  The man, "Bo Pilgrim", and his family lived in the town I did.  Bo had a chicken place and land where he grew chickens and prepared them for locals to buy and sold live baby chickens for people to raise.  This was a small operation at that time.

Bo was about thirty and not married, then he married a girl just out of high school.  He built a large house and some of us in a church class one Sunday, were complimenting her having the large house.  I never forgot what she said, "It's just more to clean."

Offline roamer_1

This is the DUMBEST thing about high tech, btw... That something as simple as slaughter houses and shipping can be shut off by computer glitches is idiotic. There should be a paper system on standby at all times. For Pete's sake, all the way up to the last generation no one had a damn computer at all.

It ain't that hard.

And likewise, ALL local systems should be tied to a central local up, and to local banking, so that if the net crashes, local areas could still function. Good Lord Almighty... The internet goes down and everybody just has to go on home. Nothing we can do.

It is ridiculous.

Online libertybele

This is the DUMBEST thing about high tech, btw... That something as simple as slaughter houses and shipping can be shut off by computer glitches is idiotic. There should be a paper system on standby at all times. For Pete's sake, all the way up to the last generation no one had a damn computer at all.

It ain't that hard.

And likewise, ALL local systems should be tied to a central local up, and to local banking, so that if the net crashes, local areas could still function. Good Lord Almighty... The internet goes down and everybody just has to go on home. Nothing we can do.

It is ridiculous.

Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous and no it isn't that hard to do things manually but it takes people with brains and some extra manpower! 

My cardiologist's office was hacked.  Their phone lines and computers have been down off and going on 4 weeks.  I finally got through one day one the phone and was able to schedule  an appointment today.  Gee whiz.  Guess what they are having to do? First of all, all appointments are manually entered (old style) into a ledger.   Every patient needs to fill out a patient questionnaire depending on if they are new or existing, and they are manually making a list of future appointments.  Everything is being done manually.  I said to the doc that I knew it was just a matter of time before going paperless and putting everything on computers was going to one day be a problem; she responded, we now wish we had paper backups and files.  I brought in paper copies of my last couple of appointments; copies were made and put in my file.  Unfortunately, those that need any kind of emergency help while they are out of town, won't be able to access their cardio records (local hospitals and doctors still have some records).  It can truly be a life or death situation. I needed a prescription refilled; because they have no working phone or fax lines, I was handed a hand written prescription to take to the pharmacy, instead of it being done by computer.

Yes, the convenience factor is there, it was cheaper to cut back on administrative personnel, but they've been trying to piece their business back together for over a month ... how much cheaper is it really?  I imagine having IT people in for the past month has cost them an absolute fortune and the problems obviously aren't resolved.

If it can happen to this medical office it can happen  to any of them -- so much for all hospital and doctors being able to access all your medical records.  Once their computers are up and running they may be able to transfer records again -- but what's to keep other offices/hospital records from being hacked??

We have multiple hospitals in the area but they are all under one umbrella.  It's just a matter of time before they're all hacked.  I'm sure they're scrambling to safeguard the 'system'.  *****rollingeyes*****

So .. . for all those who keep all their files on their computers, you really need to print everything out so you have a paper back up; bank statements, brokerage statements, deeds, mortgages, medical records, utility records, social security applications, etc.  Otherwise, you may be looking at having no record of anything you own.

Cryptocurrency?  Think again.  Poof.  Gone in a flash!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It wouldn't shock me in the least if the source of this were Antifa or similar organizations.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

That's an incredible tale, @libertybele . You're right, with these huge statewide hospital systems, a hack like this could be disastrous.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just the unemployed guys from the election trying to make a little scratch on the side...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

https://twitter.com/rising_serpent/status/1399891343984533509
Well, either that or there really is some 'Russian collusion' going on...

Naturally, by the folks who were pointing the finger at others.

It IS how they roll.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

and toward industries (like oil) that are enemies of Biden's agenda.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

and toward industries (like oil) that are enemies of Biden's agenda.
Industries the Green New Deal would eliminate.

Offline Smokin Joe

Industries the Green New Deal would eliminate.

The joke is on them, then.

Cattle that don't go to slaughter just live to fart another day!

C S Lewis