Author Topic: Why did we start removing our body hair?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline DB

Re: Why did we start removing our body hair?
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2021, 08:13:54 pm »
By the way, what real man is intimidate by a little fur here or there?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2021, 09:50:11 pm »
It has been a productive day for me today.
Got a lot of important stuff taken care of.

Today is a happy day, for me.
Everything seems to be on track.
At least for right now.

Me too! Like you wouldn't believe...
First, I ordered a new - SPANKY NEW - grip for my computer tools... A massive messenger bag... AND, And, and... All the tools to go in it. And all that started coming in today. I have never had a computer repair bag brandy new from stem to stern. The only thing in the whole dang bag that won't be new is poor old RUSH, my road pooter... But even he is getting some nice upgrades...

Like my main laptop, I am putting in a DVD2HDD adapter - I literally never use the DVD anymore, and if I do, I have a USB one in the bag anyhow... So RUSH is getting a 2T back drive with all my crap on it where the DVD used to be... No more worries about if the onsite has net so that I can go DL my tools from my site - they Are already with me... Which makes fixing a dead site a whole bunch easier.

And BOTH my laptops are getting internal wiffy upgrades... N to AC, which is going to make file transfers magnificent, and the main big deal (at least to me):

Laptop speakers SUCK. They just suck, and they always have... So FINALLY, after DECADES, this time around, when I ordered the AC WIFI, I ordered the cards with bluetooth!!! WOOHOO!

Isn't that dumb? I mean, that bluetooth is the exciting part?  But it truly is. Now, every time somebody sends me some stupid vid to watch, I won't need to get out the earphones... And after, I won;t have to untie the monkey knot that always happens when my bluetooth buds (that are on me all day) gey all tangled up in those earphones.

NO! All I will have to do is mash the play button... And the bluetooth speaker sitting by my chair will provide glorious sound, right through the air! How weird is that?

How dumb. A decade of frustration several times a day, all for the want of a 15 dollar wiffy and bluetooth card.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 09:51:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2021, 10:00:06 pm »
   No Computer repair bag is complete without this @roamer_1 :
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2021, 10:10:18 pm »

I dunno @corbe ... If I am down to pulling chips, I am probably gonna take it home to the bench.  :shrug:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2021, 10:48:58 pm »
Me too! Like you wouldn't believe...
First, I ordered a new - SPANKY NEW - grip for my computer tools... A massive messenger bag... AND, And, and... All the tools to go in it. And all that started coming in today. I have never had a computer repair bag brandy new from stem to stern. The only thing in the whole dang bag that won't be new is poor old RUSH, my road pooter... But even he is getting some nice upgrades...
Sounds Great.
Ordered a new modem today. Supposed to be here tomorrow.
The one I have now keeps rebooting itself randomly several times a day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2021, 10:52:19 pm »
Sounds Great.
Ordered a new modem today. Supposed to be here tomorrow.
The one I have now keeps rebooting itself randomly several times a day.

That might just be a 'keep alive' setting in the modem you have...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2021, 10:58:16 pm »
That might just be a 'keep alive' setting in the modem you have...
Maybe, but it is malfunctioning.
It is an older Arris Surfboard.
According to the internet, the reboot problem is a known issue with this product.
Now that it is getting old, it is becoming incontinent. It is time for a new one anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2021, 11:21:00 pm »
Maybe, but it is malfunctioning.
It is an older Arris Surfboard.
According to the internet, the reboot problem is a known issue with this product.
Now that it is getting old, it is becoming incontinent. It is time for a new one anyway.

Good enough... Serves you right anyway - Newer tech will probably work better.

Spectrum owns my modem... Theirs to mess with... It's just bridged to my router which is where I start picking up the tab. They can get to the modem, but not to the router, nor the VPN and such. I will keep all that under my own thumb, thanks.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2021, 11:48:28 pm »
Satanic manipulations from pedos.

Bingo. Make grown women, look like children. 
I like male hairiness. I wish waxing their chest hair would STOP!  NO MANSCAPING FOR ME.  You are beautiful the way you are.

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2021, 12:15:49 am »
   I'm liking you more and more each day @LegalAmerican
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2021, 12:21:11 am »

Nobody uses DIP circuits anymore.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2021, 12:22:27 am »
All y'all keep this up and I'll stop waxing my legs....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2021, 12:30:28 am »
Nobody uses DIP circuits anymore.

I still have one of these in MY bag which only indicates how long it's been since I tended to it. @Cyber Liberty

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2021, 08:01:32 am »
Why is MSN worried only about women removing hair? Haven't men been shaving their faces for centuries?
Well, this in light of commercials promoting "manscaping" one's self into a hairless critter, seems to be another push for role reversal, with hairy wimmenfolks and hairless guys..

Now we know where the week old 5 o'clock shadow some called a "beard" was headed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2021, 11:29:22 am »
That "manscaping" business creeps me out.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2021, 01:32:21 am »
I've had a somewhat sudden increase in chest hair lately. Part of a few other changes I've noticed that would seem to indicate a boost in testosterone. (Maybe that vaccine did have some side effects, lol—but seriously, I first started noticing it a few months ago, before I got the shot, and they may have just slowly been happening for years and I didn't notice it until I started measuring... except for the chest hair thing.) I hate it.

I am having a dilemma regarding shaving it. (As my profile pic shows, I already shave my face. I occasionally grow the mustache, but my beard is always patchy when it grows in so I don't bother.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2021, 06:19:43 am »
That "manscaping" business creeps me out.
I'm too furry for that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2021, 09:40:46 am »
All y'all keep this up and I'll stop waxing my legs....

I guess I’m lucky, as a natural blonde I don’t have any hair on my legs or under my arms. As for Brazilian waxes, and manscaping, what ever makes you feel good about yourself.

I cut almost 7 inches of hair last week. I guess it was my COVID cut. It’s now on my neck, but no longer on my shoulders. I wish it was an inch longer, but it will be cooler for summer, and I had to get all the uneven stuff off.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️