Author Topic: Why did we start removing our body hair?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline corbe

Why did we start removing our body hair?
« on: June 01, 2021, 03:22:18 pm »

Stars Insider  1 day ago

1/30 SLIDES © Getty Images

Not having to shave or wax has been cited by women around the world as one of the biggest perks of social isolation. And why would they want to? It’s usually painful, expensive, uncomfortable, and/or time-consuming. But many feel like they have to, or, even more common, many think shaving is a choice they’re actively making when, in reality, it’s decades of social pressures that have shaped these so-called choices.Many women start hair removal at a young age, but few know how or why the craze started in the first place. Over the years, body hair has shaped gender dynamics, signified class, defined femininity, and controlled women through shame, but now all of that is changing. Click through to see, based on information from CNN, how hair removal started, how it spread, and how it’s being challenged today.

Not having to shave or wax has been cited by women around the world as one of the biggest perks of social isolation. And why would they want to? It’s usually painful, expensive, uncomfortable, and/or time-consuming. But many feel like they have to, or, even more common, many think shaving is a choice they’re actively making when, in reality, it’s decades of social pressures that have shaped these so-called choices.

Many women start hair removal at a young age, but few know how or why the craze started in the first place. Over the years, body hair has shaped gender dynamics, signified class, defined femininity, and controlled women through shame, but now all of that is changing. Click through to see, based on information from CNN, how hair removal started, how it spread, and how it’s being challenged today.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/beauty/why-did-we-start-removing-our-body-hair/ss-AAKxarb#image=1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Why did we start removing our body hair?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 03:25:10 pm »
So we don't have to sleep with wookie types like Mooch Obama.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 03:30:04 pm »
Why is MSN worried only about women removing hair? Haven't men been shaving their faces for centuries?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 03:31:44 pm »
   I looked for Members only but I couldn't find it (which I'm sure this will get pigeon-holed into (I'm OK with that or just plain nuke from orbit), is fine with me, (neither of my heads are are in complete working order this morning).  Maybe a Mod will help me out.  It seems that's all I think about these days~How Women have been robbed by not so clever Marketing and societal pressure.  It's a downright shame.

Yes it's from CNN/MSN and will be considered by those that don't have a good Ad-Blocker as Click Bait.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 03:33:11 pm »
Why is MSN worried only about women removing hair? Haven't men been shaving their faces for centuries?
Right. That’s why I predict this particular righteous assault on the patriarchy will go no where.

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 03:38:45 pm »
There is no cure for you @corbe

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 03:39:19 pm »
Satanic manipulations from pedos.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 03:39:40 pm »
There is no cure for you @corbe

Is he like Covid?  :smokin:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 03:44:16 pm »
Is he like Covid?  :smokin:
Yes. Just when you think you have him solved, a new Corbe variant springs up.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 03:49:43 pm »
   With great sadness and some shame I'll admit that @MOD7, @Wingnut and @mountaineer are probably correct in their un founded research and their concluding analysis.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 03:55:19 pm »

Not up in here... Nor the women. And since they never shaved to start with, their fur is soft and sparse.
It took years of not shaving for my own beard to get soft. I still saw it off in the summer, but I never shave it. A razor ain't touched this face but once or twice for half my life.

I don't mind a furry woman.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 04:03:16 pm »
Not up in here... Nor the women. And since they never shaved to start with, their fur is soft and sparse.
It took years of not shaving for my own beard to get soft. I still saw it off in the summer, but I never shave it. A razor ain't touched this face but once or twice for half my life.

I don't mind a furry woman.

Nor do I @roamer_1 BUT in some quarters that makes us borderline homo or some such $hit. I've heard it explained to me and as he got half way through his spiel (out of respect for a Friend's Friend) I told him to STFU or leave my house, you're an IDIOT and probably a homo, yourself.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 04:15:04 pm »
   Nor do I @roamer_1 BUT in some quarters that makes us borderline homo or some such $hit. I've heard it explained to me and as he got half way through his spiel (out of respect for a Friend's Friend) I told him to STFU or leave my house, you're an IDIOT and probably a homo, yourself.

yeah. It's dumb... It is fun to stand up on the mountain and look down at the cities and all the crazy ass things folks do. I just shake my head at it. Funny thing is, when you are down in the city that crap seems normal. Must be something in the water... That's all I got.  :shrug:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 04:50:52 pm »
Another shaving thread. I thought I just did this thing already before.
Shaving is all about 'youth'. In fact it is banned in several religions for that reason.
You are portraying yourself as younger than you actually are, is the idea.

However, I have to shave my face. Apparently, I am allergic to a beard. It irritates may face constantly.
Cannot stand a beard. It hurts, itches, constantly. I trim my underarms occasionally because it reduces my BO.

Same with women. Shaving makes them look youthful.
I remember my ex-wife stepping out of the shower while I was crapping on the toilet.
It looked like she had some kind of pelt or wild animal on her crotch.
I told her, 'You need to trim that thing back a little.' the hair was as big as a pillow.
Not shaving, per se, but neatness counts.

While in the military, I was frequently bald. We did.
We shaved our heads before a deploy, because it just didn't matter.
And, it sort of meant 'to hell with everything'. The chains were off.
Nobody was going to see us anyway, and it was one less thing to deal with.

In some cases shaving is about basic sanitation, not necessarily about vanity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 05:02:46 pm »
However, I have to shave my face. Apparently, I am allergic to a beard. It irritates may face constantly.
Cannot stand a beard. It hurts, itches, constantly. I trim my underarms occasionally because it reduces my BO.

That's because you ain't letting it go long enough. And once it is long enough that it ain't curling back in anymore, you'll have irritation if you don't oil it some. And all of that is more likely to occur if your face ain't used to having it there, and if your beard is artificially coarse because of shaving. Leave it be, and it will all work out.

In some cases shaving is about basic sanitation, not necessarily about vanity.

In no case (other than a lice infestation) does hair have anything to do with basic sanitation. If you bathe daily, that hair is no nevermind. Clean is clean, or I would have to shave my dog. And my horse. So that's just silly.

And where it does matter in the case of lice or an infection, just saw it all off - It will grow back again. but that ain't what city folks do, is it?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 05:16:23 pm »

That's because you ain't letting it go long enough. And once it is long enough that it ain't curling back in anymore, you'll have irritation if you don't oil it some. And all of that is more likely to occur if your face ain't used to having it there, and if your beard is artificially coarse because of shaving. Leave it be, and it will all work out.

In no case (other than a lice infestation) does hair have anything to do with basic sanitation. If you bathe daily, that hair is no nevermind. Clean is clean, or I would have to shave my dog. And my horse. So that's just silly.

And where it does matter in the case of lice or an infection, just saw it all off - It will grow back again. but that ain't what city folks do, is it?
Nah. When I transitioned from a woman to a man my face skin didn't come along for the ride. When I wake up in the middle of a sleep because my face is irritated, that's more commitment than I am willing to make for a beard. No matter how long it gets, it still annoys the hell out of my face and neck. I'm just not a beard guy. I don't see how they stand it.

If you did shave your horse or your dog, you would likely find a few bruises and sores you never knew were there. Also, you would get rid of tons of fleas and ticks and other little critters. Horses and Dogs are completely different than humans. Humans shave for the same reason a dogs licks himself.

I'll stick with shaving. Even now, my haircut is super short, just the way I like it. Not a fan of body hair. Some people like it, I don't.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 05:35:28 pm »
   I bet you were glad to get rid of the BRA @240B

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2021, 06:17:42 pm »
   I bet you were glad to get rid of the BRA @240B
No..never..I didn't get rid of the BRA.
I still wear a bra and panties all the time.
It's a comfort thing. You know, just like lipstick, makeup, and vagisil.
I'm sure you know what I mean @corbe ...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2021, 06:50:08 pm »
Nah. When I transitioned from a woman to a man [...]

D00d. TMI.  :bolt:

**nononono* :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2021, 07:02:22 pm »

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra
I wish I were a girlie
Just like my dear papa

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2021, 07:23:17 pm »
It can be quite perplexing at times.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2021, 07:42:32 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

You guys are fun to screw around with.

It has been a productive day for me today.
Got a lot of important stuff taken care of.

Today is a happy day, for me.
Everything seems to be on track.
At least for right now.

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2021, 07:48:44 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

You guys are fun to screw around with.

It has been a productive day for me today.
Got a lot of important stuff taken care of.

Today is a happy day, for me.
Everything seems to be on track.
At least for right now.

Glad to hear that @240B I also am getting alot of $hit done that I've put off for many moons.
   It's a Peaceful Easy Feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjofshOBV5s

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 07:57:51 pm »
   Glad to hear that @240B I also am getting alot of $hit done that I've put off for many moons.
   It's a Peaceful Easy Feeling.
Yes. It really is relaxing to take care of administrative crap that everyone has to do in life.
I know just what you mean, my brother. Keep on truckin'.

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2021, 08:08:10 pm »
I've never used a razor...

It's Wahl clippers or nothen at all...