Author Topic: New Poll Finds All Those People Moving To Texas Aren’t Going To Be Voting For Democrats  (Read 493 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 New Poll Finds All Those People Moving To Texas Aren’t Going To Be Voting For Democrats

It’s not just high-profile movers like Elon Musk and Joe Rogan. They’re joined by about three-quarters of a million people a year.

By Chuck DeVore
June 1, 2021

It is no secret that pro-growth policies — low taxes and a light regulatory burden — have propelled population growth in Texas and Florida while the opposite has occurred in California, Illinois, and New York. Elected officials’ response to COVID-19 likely accelerated this trend in 2020, with Florida and Texas netting more than half of the nation’s 1.15 million population increase from mid-2019 to mid-2020.

Each state has its own migration patterns, and these shift constantly in response to conditions and economic opportunities. The advent of reliable and affordable air conditioning, for example, opened the South to migrants from the North who sought to escape harsh winters. This is especially seen in the constant flow of retirees from New York and surrounding states to Florida and from the northern Midwest to Arizona. Also, states such as California and New York that have consistently lost population to other states have often more than made up for the loss through international immigration.

When population growth in a state occurs through people moving, it generates fear from natives and established residents that the newcomers will bring their voting habits with them, turning their thriving new red state homes into the failed blue states they abandoned. It’s a popular narrative. In Texas’s case, polling says it’s wrong.

But you can’t blame the old-timers for being concerned. It’s not just high-profile movers like Elon Musk and Joe Rogan. They’re joined by about three-quarters of a million people a year.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/01/new-poll-finds-all-those-people-moving-to-texas-arent-going-to-be-voting-for-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I'll believe it when it happens, not before.

Californians are a very peculiar and stubborn bunch of weirdos from another planet.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Californians are a very peculiar and stubborn bunch of weirdos from another planet.

I'm skeptical as well, but even the perception of stark, unnavigable difference between the mentalities of California and Texas will prevent a certain number of the "progressives" there from moving here; under no circumstances would I move to California for example.  Those who do move here are more likely to be more Conservative, even if they're not as Red as we are.

I guess I'm just hoping.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

I'm hoping all our weirdos move to Texas so I can have the state I grew up in back.

Btw one of the CA weirdos I’m currently familiar with, an old classmate, is from Lubbock. Loved Obama.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:46:30 am by skeeter »

Offline AARguy

I was born and raised in New York. Then I spent decades in the Army living all over. Somehow I ended up in CA for twenty years. After getting fed up with outrageous taxes, outrageous prices, outrageous people, Draconian gun laws and being denied even the simplest rights like plastic bags in a grocery store, I left for Texas. All of a sudden my 14% state income tax turned into 0%. I bought four times the house for a third of the money I paid in CA. Services from picking up large trash items (furniture/appliances) for free and more became much better in Texas. Violence is unheard of and folks say "Yes, Sir" and "No, Ma'am" here. Folks congratulated me on my "TRUMP 20!" t-shirt and we all supported Trump's Wall. Trump's tax breaks, his clobbering ISIS, his military pay raises, his ending North Korean nuke tests and his getting us back in space on American rockets were all considered GOOD things. BLM cries to kill cops and "Fry 'em like bacon!" are rejected here. We watched the rioting and looting in northern blue cities on TV in much the same way we watched sci-fi tales from another planet.

Living in Iraq, Turkey, and Afghanistan as increased my appreciation of the USA. Living in NY, MA, NJ and CA has led me to thank God for Texas. I'd no more vote for a Democrat than I'd seek out a Democrat for advice on how to balance my budget.

Lots of my old CA friends have moved here to Texas. Not a one would ever vote for a Democrat as they are currently configured.