Author Topic: Why Unreasonably High Standards Should Be the Standard  (Read 308 times)

rangerrebew

Why Unreasonably High Standards Should Be the Standard
« on: June 01, 2021, 11:36:16 am »
 Why Unreasonably High Standards Should Be the Standard
by Brandon Webb 2 days ago

If you don’t hold an unreasonably high standard, then violence of action will just create a mess. If you aren’t holding yourself to the highest standard, then your attempts to build total situational awareness will just become diffused attention and create a scattered focus. And without uncompromising excellence, front sight focus is just putting on the blinders. Because, how do you know you’re focusing on the right things?

When we were approaching the end of our work on The Red Circle, my writing partner, John Mann, and I started asking ourselves, why were we writing this book. Yes, I wanted to tell my story. But bottom line, what was the point? We decided to see if we could capture the essential message of the whole 400-page book in the last page or two.

Here’s what we wrote:

https://sofrep.com/news/why-unreasonably-high-standards-should-be-the-standard/

Offline AARguy

Re: Why Unreasonably High Standards Should Be the Standard
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 09:02:32 am »
I couldn't agree more with your premise. I too have a military background (West Point grad) but it far exceeds the military. And its not just the heart surgeon, astronaut, or defense lawyer either. Its the teacher, the mechanic and everything else.

As Sister Mary Rosary Beads said to me years ago, "Set your goals unrealistically high. Set them higher than you know you can attain. You may not get there, but you'll accomplish more than you would setting your sights lower and attaining some level of achievement less than you might have.

rangerrebew

Re: Why Unreasonably High Standards Should Be the Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 10:10:11 am »
 :patriot: