Author Topic: Rubio, Scott See Hispanics as Key to GOP's Resurgence  (Read 1567 times)

Online libertybele

Rubio, Scott See Hispanics as Key to GOP's Resurgence
« on: May 30, 2021, 08:26:38 pm »
I don't like either one of them and as far as I know there aren't any conservatives chomping at the bit to replace them. At the rate things are going, I predict that FL turns blue in 2022.

Rubio, Scott See Hispanics as Key to GOP's Resurgence

Marco Rubio and Rick Scott gathered reporters in a conference room early Thursday morning at the National Republican Senatorial Committee for a light breakfast, a PowerPoint presentation, and a paradigm shift.

The vaunted “coalition of the ascendant,” that mix of young voters and minority voters and white college-educated voters who together carried Barack Obama to a second term, has fractured. Projected demographic changes will continue but will not lead to permanent Democratic majorities. Anyone looking to forecast the future of American politics should look to red Florida, not blue California.

At least so said GOP pollster Curt Anderson, who laid out the findings of a new NRSC survey of Hispanic voters in battleground states. The top line from his 34-page slide deck? “The coalition of the ascendant is descending.” The proof? The two senators sitting at the table who won election in a Sun Belt state that has become “substantially less white and more Republican.”

The moment for their multiethnic, multiracial working-class coalition has arrived, Republicans hope, and Hispanic voters are the key. “They said how well Marco would do because he is of Cuban descent,” Scott said, noting how Rubio won 48% of those voters in his 2016 race, “but when I did it, they said, ‘Well, there is something different about Florida.’ If you look at these poll numbers, it is not. If you look at these poll numbers, Hispanics across the country are Republicans.”

The GOP theory of the case ahead of the midterms, where Republicans must not only defend 20 of their own seats but also flip at least one Democratic seat to retake the Senate, sounds simple. “If Republicans reach out to them,” Scott said of Hispanics, “we are going to win.”

The survey of 1,200 Hispanic likely voters in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin, conducted by OnMessage Strategies, is welcome news to a party that went, in just four years, from unified control of Washington to banishment in the electoral wilderness. It shows an increasingly conservative Hispanic population open to the culture wars that Donald Trump waged..............

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/05/28/rubio_scott_see_hispanics_as_key_to_gops_resurgence_145845.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Rubio, Scott See Hispanics as Key to GOP's Resurgence
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 10:44:49 pm »
Title and presumption:
"Rubio, Scott See Hispanics as Key to GOP's Resurgence"

Yeah, right.

That makes as much sense as seeing blacks or Asians as a "key" to the GOP resurgence.

Don't be holdin' your breath...

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 10:55:22 pm »
Title and presumption:

Yeah, right.

That makes as much sense as seeing blacks or Asians as a "key" to the GOP resurgence.

There is a huge Hispanic population in FL and both Scott and Rubio have leaned more to the left on the issue of illegal immigration than I think is acceptable  --- it's obviously about votes.  With amnesty, just around the corner, you are correct ... don't hold your breath.

I received a letter from the county Republican headquarters asking me to reconsider my registration back to the GOP as many of the seats held are GOP and that many elections are decided before the voting is counted. Those words stood out to me.   

For them to send out such a letter indicates to me that they lost many GOP voters because of  the lack of action of the GOP; during the general election i.e., Pence, etc.   No way will  I register now. I may register in time to vote in 2022 IF there are candidates on the ballot that I feel are worthy.  Scott and Rubio don't fit into that category.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 08:34:07 am »
I agree. The people I have known with Spanish names who had jobs and families were ALL very conservative. Very nice people,too.

And this is coming from a man that lived for a couple of years in what was called a "Mexican neighborhood" in Denver. Even the movie theater there only played Mexican movies in Spanish.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:35:16 am »
Title and presumption:

Yeah, right.

@Fishrrman

You don't know any of these people personally,do you?

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 06:24:40 pm »
I agree. The people I have known with Spanish names who had jobs and families were ALL very conservative. Very nice people,too.

And this is coming from a man that lived for a couple of years in what was called a "Mexican neighborhood" in Denver. Even the movie theater there only played Mexican movies in Spanish.

I agree with you're view. It has been my experience as well.

However, being civil and agreeable does not translate into being conservative. The Rats consistently get 60% or more of the Spanish vote. I don't see that changing much because of the growing percentage of Hispanics being born out of wedlock and being raised in single parent homes, a large number of which are on the public dole. The Hispanic contractors I do business with on a regular basis are all conservative, but their wives and children are liberal.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 01:07:17 am »
sneakypete wrote:
"You don't know any of these people personally,do you?"

I don't know any, but I'm surrounded by them, literally. Illegals in the house next to me, across the street, and second house the other way, not to mention most of the other houses on the street.

Having said that, look at California, the state with the most hispanics in the country (or would that be Texas?).

In which political "direction" is California goin'...?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 01:12:07 am »
sneakypete wrote:

I don't know any, but I'm surrounded by them, literally. Illegals in the house next to me, across the street, and second house the other way, not to mention most of the other houses on the street.

Having said that, look at California, the state with the most hispanics in the country (or would that be Texas?).

I am also surrounded by illegals.

California not long ago was a swing state. The Amnesty of '86 turned it dark red, with all that means for the tax paying middle class, and it will be that way for the rest of my natural life.

If the GOP allows the rats to continue what they are currently doing today the entire nation will suffer the same end.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:20:46 am by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 01:22:40 am »

Most blacks are social 'conservatives' as well. People are people - some are nice some aren't. Most aren't batshit nuts, like the hard left. The fact is illegals and blacks, like everyone, vote the own interests. In the case of illegals, those interests seldom align with my own, so naturally I am vehemently opposed to letting them stay here.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:24:42 am by skeeter »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 01:44:14 am »
Generally people do vote their interests, how ever, it sure appears that democrats pretending to be conservatives just before an election convinces whites to vote to slit their own throats politically.  Then they put on the stupid after the election and pretend by saying 'how did we ever get in this mess?'  When democrats screw it up they blame government, when Republicans screw it up they blame Republicans.  As God has been much abandoned, i really do believe many have been given over to believe lies and deceits, as God said long ago.  How have democrats managed to so effectively attack Christians, and yet so many believe in democrats more than God, whom they have much abandoned?  Yet they swear they believe in God because they think that is all they need to get into heaven.  They need to be buried in asbestos suits, as they know not God.
 :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:47:33 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 02:01:07 am »
Generally people do vote their interests, how ever, it sure appears that democrats pretending to be conservatives just before an election convinces whites to vote to slit their own throats politically.  Then they put on the stupid after the election and pretend by saying 'how did we ever get in this mess?'  When democrats screw it up they blame government, when Republicans screw it up they blame Republicans.  As God has been much abandoned, i really do believe many have been given over to believe lies and deceits, as God said long ago.  How have democrats managed to so effectively attack Christians, and yet so many believe in democrats more than God, whom they have much abandoned?  Yet they swear they believe in God because they think that is all they need to get into heaven.  They need to be buried in asbestos suits, as they know not God.
 :shrug:
I’ll amend my previous post & say traditional Americans have always had a unique altruistic streak which had them sacrificing on someone else’s behalf, why else would we send our sons overseas to die for someone else. Perhaps it’s due to our puritanical roots. And the rats have taken advantage of that altruism to compel many Americans to vote for what isn’t their interests. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 02:08:22 am by skeeter »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2021, 07:37:41 pm »
sneakypete wrote:

@Fishrrman

I wish I could argue with you about this,I really  do.

But I can't.

I can't because we are talking "apples and oranges". The people I am talking about were born here,even if their parents weren't,and their parents came here because they WANTED to be Americans,and they WANTED to work to improve their lives and the lives of their children.

The people you are talking about are of a different generation,and they came here because for the last generation the Dims have been advertising "Free EVERYTHING if you come to America,and ALL you will have to do is vote Dim once you get here. You won't even have to be a citizen to vote,just do it!"

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2021, 07:40:03 pm »
I’ll amend my previous post & say traditional Americans have always had a unique altruistic streak which had them sacrificing on someone else’s behalf, why else would we send our sons overseas to die for someone else. Perhaps it’s due to our puritanical roots. And the rats have taken advantage of that altruism to compel many Americans to vote for what isn’t their interests.

@skeeter

EXCELLENT observation and post!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 12:02:11 am »
Yeah, no.

Rubio sees that because he thinks in terms of identity politics, as all Rodent-RINOs do.

What will cause the demise of the Rodent party?   (There's no need for a "resurgence in the GOP, the GOP won the last two presidential elections handily)  The demise of the Rodent party will happen when the white morons that vote Rodents finally figure out that the Rodents hate THEM.    This epiphany won't happen among the ranks of the immature twenty-fifty somethings with their useless degrees.  It will occur among the ranks of the white tradespeople and their wives who don't like paying $6.00 for a gallon of gas and being told their racist for complaining about it, or how they "owe" useless parasitic welfare trash a living because the welfare trash have more melanin.

The GOP already has 75,000,000 votes, more than anyone ever vote for a president in US history.  And the TRUMPERS won that because Trump's message was AMERICAN.

Rubio wants to play race games, which is inherently un-American.   

Scott wants to play race games, which is flatly stupid for a black Republican in the Senate from South Carolina.

The GOP will expand it's voter base to greater heights by refusing to play the race games.   The few blacks who want to be Americans, who wants honest jobs to raise honest families, they need to see an AMERICAN race-neutral message from the GOP.

It's that simple.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 12:08:00 am »

Actually, not really.  Americans really don't want to get involved in foreign wars.

Wilson was elected on his campaign lie to keep America's sons out of Europe's war.   He then proceeded to put in prison anyone who publicly voiced objects to his efforts to drag the US into the European War.    There was no reason for the US to get involved in Europe's squabbles.

Americans did not want to get involved the next European war, either, and would have sat that one out if the Japs hadn't bombed the fleet at Pearl Harbor.

Korea was Truman's entry into the "Let's Sacrifice American Sons for No Purpose" game.

Vietnam was based on Johnson's lie.   

There really has not been a foreign war the US needed to get involved in since Mexico invaded the state of Texas. 

And it's past time the Rodents and RINOs stopped sacrificing America's sons instead of their own.

Robert Heinlein proposed an Amendment to the Constitution that stated if the Congress passed a war resolution then the Members voting for the war were automatically enlisted in the Army.   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:09:33 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 12:16:36 am »
Yeah, no.

Rubio sees that because he thinks in terms of identity politics, as all Rodent-RINOs do.

What will cause the demise of the Rodent party?   (There's no need for a "resurgence in the GOP, the GOP won the last two presidential elections handily)  The demise of the Rodent party will happen when the white morons that vote Rodents finally figure out that the Rodents hate THEM.    This epiphany won't happen among the ranks of the immature twenty-fifty somethings with their useless degrees.  It will occur among the ranks of the white tradespeople and their wives who don't like paying $6.00 for a gallon of gas and being told their racist for complaining about it, or how they "owe" useless parasitic welfare trash a living because the welfare trash have more melanin.

The GOP already has 75,000,000 votes, more than anyone ever vote for a president in US history.  And the TRUMPERS won that because Trump's message was AMERICAN.

Rubio wants to play race games, which is inherently un-American.   

Scott wants to play race games, which is flatly stupid for a black Republican in the Senate from South Carolina.

The GOP will expand it's voter base to greater heights by refusing to play the race games.   The few blacks who want to be Americans, who wants honest jobs to raise honest families, they need to see an AMERICAN race-neutral message from the GOP.

It's that simple.

@Sled Dog

Amen,amen,amen! to the parts in bold. IMNSHO,those points can NOT be highlighted often enough.

We,the conservative Republicans understand what a REPUBLIC is,and want a return to those values.

We also need to recognize that charity is a VERY good and precious thing,but it is NOT a role of government. We already have tax-free parasites feeding on that hog in the form of alleged religions and race-based organizations.

What we NEED is to tighten the strings on the above. Investigate the HELL out of the various religions and withdraw their tax free status if,like the Catholic Church,in particular,use welfare tax money breaks to buy leftist votes with. The Vatican is NOT our friend. It is a foreign nation,and we have no business using government money to finance their empire building.

They sure as hell ain't the only ones using the religion scam to milk the taxpayers.

The solution to many of our problems is simple,and that is to QUIT FINANCING THE TAKEOVER OF AMERICA WITH WELFARE DOLLARS TO ALLEGED CHARITIES THAT USE IT TO BUY VOTES TO GET THEM EVEN MORE TAXPAYERS MONEY.

Watch a lot of so-called "conservatives" wanting to burn me at the stake for writing the above.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2021, 01:09:03 am »
The SOLE reason for the Socialist Security Ponzi Scheme, the other unconstitutional welfare scams of FDR, the Greedy Society programs by LBJ, the federalization of the public schools, etc, etc, etc, was always to break the spirit of American independence and create as many parasites depending for their lives on the government.

None of those programs are Constitutional.   

None of them benefit the "general welfare" of the United States.

ALL of them are harmful and politically motivated towards the overthrow of the Constitution.

Furthermore, the government CANNOT engage in any act of "charity".

The definition of charity is the voluntary donation of personal wealth to a cause that does not benefit the giver in a monetary fashion.

All government actions are funded by taxation.   Taxation by it's nature is a taking of funds under threat of violence.  Hence tax-funded government programs cannot be charity, by definition.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:10:52 am by Sled Dog »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 02:39:11 am »
Title and presumption:

Yeah, right.

Well, your wypipo ain't having kids, so it's going to have to be somebody.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024