Author Topic: NYC's Billionaire's Row gets new neighbors: De Blasio plans to build a homeless shelter in elite Ma  (Read 439 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Some how this news puts a huge smile on my face.  I hope it happens repeatedly in SF, Austin, LA and other true blue cities. 

Some of the Low Lights:

The homeless shelter will be created inside the former Park Savoy Hotel in New York city's Billionaire's Row
The area includes the most expensive home in the United States - a $238 million penthouse sold in 2019 - and the tallest residential building in the world

The shelter will cost $63 million over nine years, or $50,000 per person, according to the West 58th Street Coalition, which is campaigning against the shelter

The shelter is part of Mayor Bill de Blasio's 'Turning the Tide' plan to create 90 homeless shelters across the city

A homeless shelter is to be created on one of New York City's most expensive streets, after a legal battle to prevent its opening ended in defeat.

A New York state appeals court on Thursday dismissed the concerns voiced by a coalition of residents and businesses from the Manhattan neighborhood by Central Park, nicknamed Billionaire's Row.

Billionaire's Row is not actually one street, or officially defined.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9627427/NYCs-Billionaires-Row-gets-new-neighbors-Homeless-shelter-given-green-light-lawsuit-dismissed.html
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hooray for the NIMBYs!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
New York City is on a mission to eliminate their greatest threat: taxpayers.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline mountaineer

Good job, Noo Yawkers, in electing this buffoon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
EXCELLENT NEWS!

Let the hypocrites suffer!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!