General Category > TBR Kitchen

Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipe, Because the Best Burgers Deserve the Best Buns

(1/1)

Elderberry:
Thermoworks by Martin Earl

Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipe, Because the Best Burgers Deserve the Best Buns

I am, either by nature or by nurture, prone to hyperbole—especially when it comes to food. If I don’t pay attention to what I’m saying (or typing) I tend toward the grandiose. You may have noticed this in some of my blog articles. So, fully cognizant of that fact, I want to be very clear that when I write this next sentence, it is not, I think, hyperbole.

A good burger is a glorious thing.

Burgers are our national food,
and because of their importance to our cultural cuisine, we’ve written rather extensively on the subject. From smash burgers to grilling temps, and from grinding your own meat to stuffed burgers, we’ve covered a wide swath of burger territory. But until now, we’ve been silent on one very important part of any burger: the bun.

----

If you’re as serious about burgers as I am, and I assume you are, then you really need to try this recipe out. Once you start making your own buns, you’ll never want the bagged grocery store variety again. If you can get the best buns with just a few hours of work, why would you want the sad, soggy ones? You wouldn’t!

Take up the challenge. Grind your meat, make your buns, fry up some fries, maybe even cure your own bacon. Make your burgers! If you can find a better burger out there in the world, you must absolutely write in and tell me about it. But don’t worry. You won’t. Yes, doing the whole thing from scratch is a lot of work, but if you want a glorious example of what is already a glorious food, then this is the best way to get it. And with the aid of your Thermapen, both your buns and your burgers will truly be their best.

Description

Delicious, fluffy, sturdy burger buns, based on the recipe developed by The Butter Book, a learning platform created by The French Pastry School.

For the buns

•   Whole milk 150 g (⅔ C)
•   Water 150 g (⅔ C) at proper temperature (see recipe below for details)
•   Bread flour 500 g (3½ C)
•   Sea salt 10 g (2 tsp)
•   Granulated sugar 40 g (3⅓ Tbsp )
•   Dry instant yeast 10 G (1 Tbsp+½ tsp)
•   1 egg
•   Unsalted butter, cold, ¼-inch cubes 50 g (3½ Tbsp)

For the egg wash, topping

•   two eggs plus 1 egg yolk
•   sesame seeds for sprinkling

Instructions and much more at link: https://blog.thermoworks.com/bread/homemade-hamburger-bun-recipe/

Cyber Liberty:
I make buns.  This is a good recipe.

LegalAmerican:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on May 30, 2021, 10:37:38 pm ---I make buns.  This is a good recipe.

--- End quote ---

We know you make buns...but do you bake?  lol.

Yes it is a good recipe. More like  croissant. Brioch.  I may bake some,  tomorrow, but didn't get to my chicken soup today. Chicken still too frozen.  This sounds more like a dessert bread.  One could add a pinch of sugar.  Opps , already in the recipe. Then ADD 2 t of vanilla. 

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: LegalAmerican on May 31, 2021, 06:30:44 am ---We know you make buns...but do you bake?  lol.
--- End quote ---

I've been known to.   wink777

--- Quote ---Yes it is a good recipe. More like  croissant. Brioch.  I may bake some,  tomorrow, but didn't get to my chicken soup today. Chicken still too frozen.  This sounds more like a dessert bread.  One could add a pinch of sugar.  Opps , already in the recipe. Then ADD 2 t of vanilla.

--- End quote ---

I run the oven temperature a bit higher than 350F.  It makes for a more chewy bun.    :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version