Author Topic: Milley: China Striving ‘To Be Our Equal’ In Coming Decades  (Read 486 times)

rangerrebew

Milley: China Striving ‘To Be Our Equal’ In Coming Decades
By: John Grady
May 27, 2021 6:20 PM

While the Chinese are investing heavily in advanced technology, “they are not our peer or near-peer competitor just” militarily, but their goal is “to be our equal” across all domains in the coming decades, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said today.

Testifying Thursday to the House Appropriations defense subcommittee before the panel formally receives the president’s Fiscal Year 2022 budget, Army Gen. Mark Milley said China has made remarkable strides in 40 years from “peasant-based infantry” to a military power spending on 5G telecommunications, hypersonics, quantum computing and other high technology advances to modernize its forces.

Answering a later question, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the expected $715 billion request will include “the largest request for RDT&E [research, development, test and evaluation]” in Pentagon history. The long-range goal is “not just [to] leverage [high technology systems and software] but network” those capabilities.

https://news.usni.org/2021/05/27/milley-china-striving-to-be-our-equal-in-coming-decades

rangerrebew

Re: Milley: China Striving ‘To Be Our Equal’ In Coming Decades
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 11:17:19 am »
Is China planning to downgrade it's military? *****rollingeyes*****

BTW, I wonder how Millley feels sitting next to a guy who, two months ago, he was superior to but now is his boss? :pondering:

I'll bet there are other generals and admirals who were superior to Austin but are now inferior.  That is why he was such a bad choice.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Milley: China Striving ‘To Be Our Equal’ In Coming Decades
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 01:11:31 pm »
Just like BLM, China's goal is not at all 'equality'.
They want domination and superiority.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.