Author Topic: Cicadian rhythm: Reuters claims ‘global warming’ could ‘permanently change’ 17-year cicadas into a  (Read 637 times)

rangerrebew

Cicadian rhythm: Reuters claims ‘global warming’ could ‘permanently change’ 17-year cicadas into a 13-year cycle’

Will the Green New Deal keep cicada cycles at 17-years?

Reuters: Temperatures affect when cicadas emerge and their underground growth. Scientists witnessed large numbers of 17-year cicadas surface years ahead of schedule in 2017, which entomologists suspect could be related to global warming. ... "The biggest questions are: Is climate change changing their life cycles? And then, how does it change them?" said Chris Simon, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Connecticut who has studied the insects for more than three decades.

... With a better understanding of how cicadas know when to emerge, scientists may be able solve whether and how climate change is having an impact, Simon said. Eventually, we could see 17-year cicadas "escape through time" and permanently change to a 13-year cycle.

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotMay 26, 2021 5:34 PM

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/05/26/reuters-global-warming-could-permanently-change-17-year-cicadas-into-a-13-year-cycle/

rangerrebew

Oh my, this is the last straw!  The earth can't possibly survive such a catastrophic event such as this!  It's horrid to even think about. :3:

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Potluck

• Surrendered August 19, 1998
Cicadian rhythm: Reuters claims ‘global warming’ could ‘permanently change’ 17-year cicadas into a 13-year cycle’

Will the Green New Deal keep cicada cycles at 17-years?

"The biggest questions are: Is climate change changing their life cycles? And then, how does it change them?"

Biggest questions? Looks like only one question to me.
The so called second question is based on an assumption that the first is positive. 
So why even ask the first?
When I see this kind of manipulative narrative it raises a red flag for me. I find it rather offensive to tell the truth.
Classify this one up there with cow farts and the rest of the doomsday dribble. Been hearing it now for over 40 years and it’s getting as old as I am. Not one doomsday prophesy of manmade climate change has come to pass. Not one. Yet, there are those that still have faith in Chicken Little. About the only thing that this garbage has affected is the IQ of some people. And that is a pandemic no mask can stifle.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:39:50 pm by Potluck »
"Hell is the impossibility of reason" - Oliver Stone

rangerrebew

. Yet, there are those that still have faith in Chicken Little. 

The story of Chicken Little has been updated to Uncle Joe Little. :woohoo:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I believe cicadas are much smarter than all the global warming alarmists by a very wide margin.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.