Author Topic: America can do better for heroes than George Floyd  (Read 68 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America can do better for heroes than George Floyd
« on: May 28, 2021, 01:06:23 pm »
May 28, 2021
America can do better for heroes than George Floyd
By Kurt R. LaFrance

We laid my father to rest just five days ago in the sun-soaked prairie of Canaveral National Cemetery in Florida.

He was 89 years old, a proud veteran with 28 and a half years' decorated, military service.  He fought in Vietnam during the Tet Offensive in 1968–69, served in Strategic Air Command during the peak of the Cold War, continued in government service after retiring from the military, and assisted with recovery efforts of the Space Shuttle Challenger, to name just a few of his accomplishments.  Along the way, he was married 68 years to his beloved wife, my mom; raised a family of five successful kids; 16 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild soon to be born.  He was a proud patriot and faithful servant of God.  He never committed a crime.

When he passed, there were no presidential proclamations, no marches, no signs or banners, no trumpets — just the sad rejoinder of single bugle playing Taps by a member of the Honor Guard from our local air base.  The only ones who noted his death and subsequent burial at Canaveral National Cemetery in Florida were my family and our closest friends.

Yet today we commemorate the death of George Floyd one year ago as some kind of national remembrance, with mourning from minority communities and disingenuous eulogies from the national media.  To be sure, George Floyd did not deserve to die the way he did, and the police who facilitated his death should be held accountable according to the law.  Police reform, to some extent, may even be necessary to ensure that criminals who are apprehended don't face a similar demise, and I welcome those reforms.  Yet the outpouring of misguided emotion and overplayed media emphasis on the commemoration of George Floyd's death is completely misaligned with any virtuous moral values.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/america_can_do_better_for_heroes_than_george_floyd.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34