Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

What are you doing this Memorial Day weekend?

(1/7) > >>

corbe:
   Besides thinking of those that have given the ultimate sacrifice to this Nation and got us thus far, what are you doing this weekend.

bigheadfred:
Getting a tooth pulled. Another one in front is going. I ain't got many left and am about to lose another.

Sighlass:
Wife's family is coming over, fun group... cook and relax and maybe shoot some guns.

roamer_1:
Well I couldn't really tick a box - If I did it would be the stoner box, without the being stoned... I will largely just be along for the ride.

But the answer is somewhat predictable... An annual pilgrimage to the graveyard to where my Dad is laid... Grave-side flowers and fond remembrance... And if the weather is good, we will retire to the Big House for our first scheduled BBQ of the year... Though nothing so extravagant as to actually call it BBQ - The weather is too unpredictable for that... But there will be grilling. Burgers and dogs, and maybe some bratts... There will be tater salad, and my world famous fake-crab macaroni salad... All the trimmings one would expect, and still be able to move the whole works inside at a moment's notice...

Sorta the dress-rehearsal for the big shindig on the fourth.

Though the Fourth will be subdued this year. My nephew is getting married in August, so some of the clan (one whole branch) will forgo the Fourth in favor of the wedding.

Though I would suppose that 'subdued' should really be in quotes, as the nephew is marrying into a clan that is five houses strong already - And that primary house, that whole clan, is family now, and will largely be attending the Fourth... So it will still be a banger. and August is gonna be a hootenanny.

Smokin Joe:
Working. We're gonna need the oil. (Back in the patch!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version