Author Topic: Tiger Woods: 'Walking on my own' is goal after car crash  (Read 582 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tiger Woods: 'Walking on my own' is goal after car crash
« on: May 27, 2021, 06:01:18 pm »
Tiger Woods: 'Walking on my own' is goal after car crash
By Joseph Choi - 05/27/21 01:43 PM EDT

Golf legend Tiger Woods addressed his recent car crash in an interview published on Thursday, saying that his current No. 1 goal in rehab is “walking on my own."

Woods told Golf Digest his prior injuries had helped prepare him for the rehab experience, but said his current recovery was “more painful than anything I have ever experienced.”

Woods was hospitalized in February following a car accident in which his vehicle rolled over and jaws of life had to be used to remove him from the wreck. He suffered multiple leg injuries that required surgery.

According to authorities, there was no immediate evidence that Woods was impaired at the time of the accident and he was the only person involved.

Woods left the hospital about three weeks after the accident. Authorities have said they will not be considering charges against him over the accident.

As Golf Digest reports, Woods’ rehab is focused on building strength in his right leg. He suffered fractures in both the tibia and fibula bones of his right leg. It is currently unclear whether he will need more surgeries to restore mobility and strength.

“My physical therapy has been keeping me busy. I do my routines every day and am focused on my No. 1 goal right now: walking on my own. Taking it one step at a time,” Woods told reporter Daniel Rapaport.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/555783-tiger-woods-walking-on-my-own-is-no-1-goal-after-car-crash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Tiger Woods: 'Walking on my own' is goal after car crash
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 01:03:10 pm »
A few weeks ago he was photographed in a walking cast. Now he's saying he still can't walk on his own? Meh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Tiger Woods: 'Walking on my own' is goal after car crash
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 12:08:04 am »
A few weeks ago he was photographed in a walking cast. Now he's saying he still can't walk on his own? Meh.

@mountaineer

Well,walking in a walking cast is not the same as walking on your own.

I admire him for having the common sense to realize he needs to set obtainable goals for himself. "One step at a time" seems to be the appropriate slogan for him at this point.

Being able to walk on your own might seem like a minor thing,right up to the point where you can't walk at all. Suddenly,it will become VERY important.

I had a reaction to the very first polio vaccines that were put out,and lost my ability to walk and was bedridden with fevers and paralysis for months when I was a child. I had to teach myself how to walk again,and it took like what seemed like forever to be able to run again. This was a VERY big deal for a devoted  Little League Baseball player. Once I could walk again the team put me back in the line up,but my "run" was not as fast as most people's fast walk,and I usually got tagged out before I could get to first base. I went from shortstop to right fielder because I just couldn't move fast enough to play shortstop.

People still think I walk a little funny,but I could run just fine and probably a lot faster than you would have guessed before the cancer whupped my ass. Once again,I have trouble walking.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:13:11 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!