Author Topic: Is Trump about to endorse a Bush in Texas Attorney General race?  (Read 315 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Former President Trump announced that he will soon make an endorsement in the Republican primary race for attorney general in Texas. The top two contenders are the current Attorney General Ken Paxton and Land Commissioner George P. Bush. Trump says he “likes them both very much.”

“I like them both very much,” Trump said in a statement Tuesday. “I’ll be making my endorsement and recommendation to the great people of Texas in the not-so-distant future.”

George P. Bush, son of JEB!, has not officially declared himself a candidate for attorney general but it has long been rumored that he is ready for a job promotion out of his current office. Bush has been Land Commissioner since 2014. He is an attorney and a veteran who served in Afganistan with the U.S. Navy Reserve as an intelligence officer. Despite his last name, he has been a loyal Trump supporter which must cause some awkward moments at family gatherings. This is politics, though, and in Texas Trump carries some sway with Republican primary voters. Bush has scheduled a campaign kick-off on June 2 in Austin, though for which office is unclear.

Ken Paxton has served as the Attorney General of Texas since 2015. He, too, has been a loyal supporter of Trump in Texas. He flew to Washington for the January 6 Trump rally and more recently, he’s played golf with Trump in Florida. Paxton proudly filed the first lawsuit on the behalf of Texas against the Biden administration as he came into office. Since then, he has regularly filed lawsuits against the administration against the Biden agenda, particularly as it relates to the crisis on the southern border. Paxton was a driving force in the lawsuit that challenged the 2020 presidential election results. And, Paxton opened up an investigation of Twitter when it de-platformed Trump.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2021/05/26/is-trump-about-to-endorse-a-bush-in-texas-attorney-general-race-n392648

It's going to be interesting to see if Trump can spot the trap and avoid it.

No more Bushes = MAGA.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.