Author Topic: Brown on Future Combat: ‘I Can’t Predict the Future, But I Can Shape It’  (Read 142 times)

rangerrebew

Brown on Future Combat: ‘I Can’t Predict the Future, But I Can Shape It’
May 25, 2021 | By Tobias Naegele

The defense budget coming out May 28 will contain few big surprises. Plans to retire some older planes have already been reported, and the longer-range plans typically surfacing at budget time—known as the Future Years Defense Program, or FYDP—are still being debated. But inklings of the service’s direction will be sprinkled throughout, all of them designed to maximize options going forward.

“I can’t predict the future,” said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr. in a virtual conversation hosted by the Center for New American Security on May 25. “But I can help shape it.”

Shaping the future means ensuring U.S. forces can’t be stymied in the face of opposition or by failed programs that don’t deliver. “I want to make sure we have options that we’ve actually taken a look at,” Brown said. Streamlining today’s fighter aircraft inventory and investing in future fighter and bomber capabilities now will help set up those options in the future.

https://www.airforcemag.com/brown-future-combat-predict-shape/

rangerrebew

Shape it by getting rid of all those white boys and girls? :whistle: