Author Topic: The NAACP’s Counterfactual Claim About Racial Inequity in Police Stops  (Read 693 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

The NAACP’s Counterfactual Claim About Racial Inequity in Police Stops

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/the-naacps-counterfactual-claim-about-racial-inequity-in-police-stops

In a recent Newsweek article, senior reporter Jason Lemon alleges there is “significant data showing” that the U.S. is plagued by “systemic racism.” As evidence of this, he claims the “NAACP found that from 2017 to 2020, Black men were five times more likely than white people to be stopped by law enforcement without a valid reason.”

The hyperlink Lemon uses to support that claim leads to another article by Lemon, which links to an earlier article by Lemon, which dead ends with no link or reference to an actual study or data.

A search of the NAACP website revealed a “Criminal Justice Fact Sheet“ that claims: “A Black person is five times more likely to be stopped without just cause than a white person.” The “fact sheet” contains no link or evidence for this claim.

Just Facts emailed the NAACP three weeks ago requesting proof of its statistic and then followed up a day later with a phone call and an email. The NAACP never replied.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

I've been hearing this stopped-for-being-black stuff for many decades. Some years ago New Jersey did a survey/analysis of black and white drivers who were stopped.
They found out that the reason black drivers were stopped more than white drivers was that they committed a lot more traffic offenses per capita.
If blacks were constantly stopped for no reason other than that they were black, you'd think they'd have records and data detailing all the unlawful stops. I haven't seen any.
I would think any traffic officer stopping any car would have to have some sort of reason for stopping a car other than that the driver was black or risk losing their jobs for overt racism.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have been working our society hard for decades to establish when democrats accuse you, you are guilty until proven innocent, and some times not even then ! Democrats of course are not guilty, even when caught in the act, see hitlery and her e-mails treason.  Of course when the FBI plays criminal and coverup for you, and attacks your political opposition for you, they are little different than the KGB.  Much more criminal element than law enforcement.  This is the utopia the democrats promised you, if they got their way (and they did), with some lies thrown in, of course.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I thought the systemic racism was the fact that a mere 6.5% of the US population, black males, commit nearly 50% of violent crimes in the country, most of which is done on blacks in the cities, but the government is too cowed to address the problem properly.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

We have reached a very low point in our country when a black thug who got himself deceased in police custody is being revered, celebrated, and considered some sort of a saint with days being declared in his honor to honor his memory. What, the memory of a loser who couldn't stop losing and was destined to have a short lifespan?
 Considering his useless and destructive life, Floyd was lucky to live as long as he did. But there are many thousands of George Floyds in American cities defying the odds of living a long life thanks to their criminal and destructive lifestyles. How many of them will die because they resisted arrest or couldn't stop doing stupid things and be regarded as heroes by idiots?
We have to stop this worship of people who are the dregs of society.

Offline PeteS in CA

I've been hearing this stopped-for-being-black stuff for many decades. Some years ago New Jersey did a survey/analysis of black and white drivers who were stopped.
They found out that the reason black drivers were stopped more than white drivers was that they committed a lot more traffic offenses per capita.
If blacks were constantly stopped for no reason other than that they were black, you'd think they'd have records and data detailing all the unlawful stops. I haven't seen any.
I would think any traffic officer stopping any car would have to have some sort of reason for stopping a car other than that the driver was black or risk losing their jobs for overt racism.

A question I've "asked" often is how often an officer making a traffic stop actually knows the skin color of the driver they are stopping. I've been driving for decades and seldom see enough of a driver in front of me well enough to know whether their skin is white, black, or pea green.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

A question I've "asked" often is how often an officer making a traffic stop actually knows the skin color of the driver they are stopping. I've been driving for decades and seldom see enough of a driver in front of me well enough to know whether their skin is white, black, or pea green.
This is strictly anecdotal, but some decades some friends and I were visiting a person who lived in an integrated neighborhood in a large American city. After my group entered her home, she literally raced to the door and locked it shut.
Then she told us to be careful about driving around the neighborhood because many of the residents didn't pay much attention to speed limits or other traffic laws.
Take from that what you will.