Author Topic: When Republicans Take Back the House, They Better Give the Dems a Taste of Their Own Medicine  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When Republicans Take Back the House, They Better Give the Dems a Taste of Their Own Medicine
By Jeff Charles | May 26, 2021 4:00 PM ET

Aren’t you sick of it?

It seems that Republican lawmakers have become too comfortable in the role of the nerd that gets constantly bullied by the Democratic jocks. As a proud and outspoken nerd, I get it. But at some point, GOP leaders need to grow a pair and start swinging back instead of allowing these people to steal their lunches and give them wedgies in the Capitol building.

However, it’s time for these people to stop acting like helpless victims and start taking it to the left, especially if they manage to win back the House in 2022.

My colleague, Bonchie wrote a piece about the kerfuffle over Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s asinine comments comparing being forced to wear masks to being a Jew living in Nazi Germany. Naturally, this elicited the usual pearl-clutching and whining about anti-Semitism from the Democrats, who are more than okay with anti-Jewish sentiment when it comes from people on their team. (See: Republicans Played Themselves With Their Response to Marjorie Taylor Greene)

But, many Republicans jumped on the bandwagon. Not simply content to criticize Greene’s remarks for the stupidity that they represented, they also pretended she was being anti-Semitic. But the bottom line is that Greene’s comments were dumb, sensational, and boneheaded, not anti-Semitic. As Bonchie noted, “A simple ‘I don’t agree with that comparison’ would have sufficed.”

Now, Democrats are taking their faux outrage further and drafting a resolution to condemn Rep. Greene for her absurd comparison. Republicans will likely vote down the measure, but the damage is done. But this isn’t the worst of it.

more
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2021/05/26/when-republicans-take-back-the-house-they-better-give-the-dems-a-taste-of-their-own-medicine-n386870
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I had to kind of chuckle at the first sentence of this article.  "Aren't You Sick of It"?  Yes, I truly am. Sick of ridiculous articles implying that the GOP is going to take back the House or the Senate.  Not a snowball's chance of that happening when at the federal level nothing is being done about election integrity and the GOP itself can't come together and most of them lean left.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.