Author Topic: National Guard's post-Capitol riot mission cost $521M bill as final troops head home  (Read 923 times)

rangerrebew

National Guard's post-Capitol riot mission cost $521M bill as final troops head home
by Abraham Mahshie, Defense Reporter |
 | May 24, 2021 05:02 PM

Just over 1,000 National Guard members remain in Washington to protect the U.S. Capitol after their mission following a riot by Donald Trump supporters ran up a bill topping $500 million.

The $520 million National Guard presence, which surrounded the Capitol compound for months, began after the Jan. 6 riots and ended at midnight Sunday. The National Guard Bureau estimated the initial mission cost from January through March to be $410 million, and the extension until Monday cost an additional $111 million for a massive $521 million bill to protect a vast perimeter of the Capitol grounds through the winter and spring.

At its peak, nearly 26,000 Guard members were on duty in Washington, D.C., from all 54 states, territories, and the District of Columbia.

“There's no reimbursal plan,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told the Washington Examiner Monday. “The thousand or so [members] that are still in the [National] Capital Region are preparing for departure.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/national-guards-post-capitol-riot-mission-cost-521m-bill-as-final-troops-head-home

Offline PeteS in CA

So this political show cost the various states and territories half a billion dollars and change, and the Dems plan to stiff those states and territories. I suppose the Guard members whose lives were screwed up by this political show can't expect any kind of compensation from the Feds.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How many attacks did all those Guardsmen repel...?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many attacks did all those Guardsmen repel...?
I'm glad they didn't have to face down Americans over that bunch of slime at their backs. If the cries and sniveling of alleged fear by the Dems were genuine, you'd think they might be listening to Americans instead of their intellectually inbred cadre of wannabe dictators.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

I suppose the Guard members whose lives were screwed up by this political show can't expect any kind of compensation from the Feds.

Well they did get a thank you from Joe and Jill AFTER they had left. :thud: