Author Topic: Prosecutor in Trump criminal probe convenes grand jury to hear evidence, weigh potential charges  (Read 1557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Prosecutor in Trump criminal probe convenes grand jury to hear evidence, weigh potential charges
Shayna Jacobs, David Fahrenthold 1 hr ago

NEW YORK —Manhattan's district attorney has convened the grand jury that is expected to decide whether to indict former president Donald Trump, other executives at his company or the business itself should prosecutors present the panel with criminal charges, according to two people familiar with the development.

The panel was convened recently and will sit three days a week for six months. It is likely to hear several matters — not just the Trump case ­— during the duration of its term, which is longer than a traditional New York state grand-jury assignment, these people said. Like others, they spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. Generally, special grand juries such as this one are convened to participate in long-term matters rather than to hear evidence of crimes charged routinely.

The move indicates that District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr.’s investigation of the former president and his business has reached an advanced stage after more than two years. It suggests, too, that Vance believes he has found evidence of a crime — if not by Trump then by someone potentially close to him or by his company.

Vance’s investigation is expansive, according to people familiar the probe and public disclosures made during related litigation. His investigators are scrutinizing Trump’s business practices before he was president, including whether the value of specific properties in the Trump Organization’s real estate portfolio were manipulated in a way that defrauded banks and insurance companies, and if any tax benefits were obtained illegally through unscrupulous asset valuation.

The district attorney also is examining the compensation provided to top Trump Organization executives, people familiar with the matter have said.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/prosecutor-in-trump-criminal-probe-convenes-grand-jury-to-hear-evidence-weigh-potential-charges/ar-AAKnuWB?li=BBnb7Kz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

I just heard this on early news, central time.  All news channels will likely have this at 7pm and 8pm more in detail.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I just heard this on early news, central time.  All news channels will likely have this at 7pm and 8pm more in detail.
I bet you are all giddy with excitement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Of course they are going to charge him.  This is just the beginning.  They are going to keep him busy in the courts, bankrupt him financially and ensure that he doesn't run again for any political office.

They will also do the same with his family members, in particular Don Jr. and Eric.  Because of Jared's liberal ties, they may decide to leave him and Ivanka alone.  I don't think that they will go after Tiffany as she wasn't as involved with her father politically as  much as the others.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Law" has nothing to do with the American Judicial System these days.
So yes. They will likely charge him whether it is 'legal' or not.
They will just do it anyway, and worry about any legalities later.
The immediate goal is to get "Trump was charged with 'whatever'" in the news cycle.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

From what I have read and heard from Weisselberg's former daughter-in law, I expect it will be Andrew Weisselberg, the accountant of the Trump Organization, who will be the center of this investigation, rather than Trump. 

I heard of this a few days ago, saw and heard Weisselberg former daughter-in-law Jennifer Weisselberg.  She has divorced Weisselberg and that is why she has so many financial records of the Weisselbergs.  Financial records were taken from her in April and those included records of Weisselberg Sr..   

Weisselberg Sr., gave "gifts" to his children from the "Trump Organization", one being a free tax, free rent, apartment in a costly part of NY. for a marriage gift.  There are other times his family benefitted from the company, not personally paid for by Weisselberg.  What I just wrote is what I have now.  I will look into it more.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:26:52 am by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

From what I read, I expect it will be Andrew Weissmann, the accountant of the Trump Organization, who will be the center of this investigation, rather than Trump.

I haven't kept abreast of the information coming out on this, nor the background, but I do believe eventually Trump himself will be charged.  We shall see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Please read my reply no. 5.  My computer is acting strangely and I almost lost that long reply.  I am not going to trust opening that reply to put your name there.

THE NAMES WEISSELBERG AND WEISSMANN.  The Trump Organization accountant is Andrew Weisselberg.  Andrew Weissmann is weighing in on this case right now so that is how his name is connected to this case.

"Andrew A. Weissmann (born March 17, 1958) is an American attorney. Starting in 2015 he became the chief of the criminal fraud section of the U.S. Department of Justice. In June 2017 he was appointed to a management role on the 2017 special counsel team headed by Robert Mueller. To assume that position, Weissmann took a leave from his Department of Justice post. The special counsel's investigation concluded in 2019 and Weissmann went into the private sector."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:36:04 am by Victoria33 »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump lashes out after grand jury seated for New York criminal probe
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/555445-trump-lashes-out-after-grand-jury-seated-for-new-york-criminal-probe

Did he just "Lash Out" or was he "furious" or maybe "livid"...

Same old same old liberal headlines when it comes to Trump.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

So, someone smells something burining?  Could be fire.  Could be burnt toast.

I'm tired of headlines about nothing, speculation, conjecture, and Trump derangement syndrome hopium.  Grand juries can indict ham sandwiches.

They are still a long way from an indictment, conviction, sentencing, and appeals.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Trump should have pounced instead of lashed
Countdown to Resignation

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Did he just "Lash Out" or was he "furious" or maybe "livid"...

Same old same old liberal headlines when it comes to Trump.
LOL -- so true
Every headline about Trump has him 'furious' or 'livid' or 'exploding' or as in this case 'lashing out'.
Donald Trump is 'enraged' that Democrats would attempt a third impeachment, after he has already left office.

The Democrats do all kinds of illegal crazy persecution against Trump and his family. But if he reacts, according to the press, He is the bad guy for not just sitting back and letting them do it. He is 'unstable' for not letting the Democrats illegally throw him in jail.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What we know about grand jury in Trump probe

The news that Manhattan’s district attorney has convened a special grand jury as part of his criminal probe of former President Trump’s business dealings has fueled speculation over whether he could become the first U.S. president to serve prison time.

Legal experts said the development indicates that Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. is moving closer to pursuing criminal charges of some kind. But with so much still unknown, they cautioned against reading too much into what Vance’s move might ultimately mean for the former president.

“By empaneling the special grand jury, Vance has indicated he found significant evidence of one or more crimes by one or more people and is preparing to present evidence to secure indictments,” said attorney and legal analyst Bradley Moss.   

“Whether he will ultimately obtain those indictments, and against whom within the Trump Organization, remains to be seen,” Moss added. “People leaping to the conclusion that this means former President Trump is headed for jail any time soon need to slow their roll.”

Vance’s wide-ranging inquiry is reportedly interested in hush money payments to Trump’s alleged mistresses, questionable valuations of Trump Organization assets and employee compensation arrangements that may have skirted taxes.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/555573-what-we-know-about-grand-jury-in-trump-probe
Support the USO