Author Topic: Report: Joe Biden to Ditch Student Loan Forgiveness from Budget, Breaking Campaign Promise  (Read 729 times)

BassWrangler

Report: Joe Biden to Ditch Student Loan Forgiveness from Budget, Breaking Campaign Promise

President Joe Biden will reportedly ditch student loan forgiveness from the budget this week, breaking a campaign promise to far-left Democrats.

“The idea that you go to Penn and you’re paying a total of 70,000 bucks a year and the public should pay for that? I don’t agree,” Biden said to the New York Times on May 20 about his suspicion over college debt forgiveness.

The report of Biden reneging on his campaign promise to cancel $10,000 in school loans may infuriate the likes of Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, along with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (R-NY), who have pushed Biden to forgive up to $50,000 in debt.

“We’ve got the *Senate Majority Leader* on board to forgive $50k. Biden’s holding back, but many of the arguments against it just don’t hold water on close inspection,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/24/report-joe-biden-ditch-student-loan-forgiveness-budget-breaking-campaign-promise/

https://twitter.com/breitbartnews/status/1396869048596582402?s=21

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No Free College tuition either?  Oh I can see the veins popping in AOC's shot glass face.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Sure, we can forgive people for taking out college loans.  How dare they?

As soon as they pay it back, we'll forgive them.

Kurt Schlichter had the perfect cure for the student loan crisis sweeping America:  Pay your own damn loans.

I paid mine back.

As soon as I got a job in the field I trained in.

What's that you say?  There are no jobs for people majoring in African American Trans Gender Studies?   Sounds like someone has a personal problem.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

BassWrangler

Sure, we can forgive people for taking out college loans.  How dare they?

As soon as they pay it back, we'll forgive them.

Kurt Schlichter had the perfect cure for the student loan crisis sweeping America:  Pay your own damn loans.

I paid mine back.

As soon as I got a job in the field I trained in.

What's that you say?  There are no jobs for people majoring in African American Trans Gender Studies?   Sounds like someone has a personal problem.

I paid mine back too. All loan forgiveness will do is further drive up the cost of higher education. It's just a payoff to another Dem constituency, which is why Elizabeth Warren is for it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 06:51:55 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline Absalom

A reflection.
The French Enlightenment, some 300 years past, produced our "modern" education
system; whose kindest descriptive labels it a hilarious embarrassment, that generates
lotsa paper such as credentials, degrees and qualifications, plenty of noise and yet about zero meaningful value for Mankind and its future.
Earliest Man was essentially self-taught through reading and reflection, relying firstly on Family, then on mentors/tutors; as Socrates mentored Plato who mentored Aristotle.
The same scenario existed among Greek Historians, Mathematicians and its Writers,
along w/the Romans, through Medieval Scholasticism and into the Renaissance.
Their collective genius down thru history, speaks for itself.
Yet we are the greatest, of course; addicted to politics/politicians as the answer to
anything and everything and the consequences of this addiction are plain to see.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:41:27 pm by Absalom »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
A reflection.
The French Enlightenment produced our "modern" education system; 
whose kindest descriptive labels it a hilarious embarrassment,
generating lotsa paper such as credentials, degrees.......much noise
and about zero meaningful value for Man and his future.
Earliest Man was essentially self-taught relaying firstly on Family, then on mentors;
as Socrates mentored Plato who mentored Aristotle.
The same scenario existed among Greek Historians, Mathematicians
and Writers, among the Romans, through Scholasticism and into the Renaissance.

Yes, and definitely...no.

I've seen a few self-taught engineers.  They usually start out as draftsmen and never quite understand the subtleties of mechanical stress and fatique design.   They don't have the training.

I'm not really keen on going to a surgeon who doesn't have some impressive papers hanging on his wall.   The guy that cut into me trained at Johns Hopkins, for example.   Medicine isn't really something that can be self-taught, except on the simplest levels.

The problem is not the system so much as how the system has been corrupted by barbarians and thugs who seek intergenerational power by lying to children and turning them into unconscious traitors against their family, their culture, their country and even their race.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Absalom

Yes, and definitely...no. I've seen a few self-taught engineers. They usually start out as draftsmen and never quite understand the subtleties of mechanical stress and fatigue design.   They don't have the training.
I'm not really keen on going to a surgeon who doesn't have some impressive papers hanging on his wall. The guy that cut into me trained at Johns Hopkins, for example. Medicine isn't really something that can be self-taught, except on the simplest levels.
The problem is not the system so much as how the system has been corrupted by barbarians and thugs who seek intergenerational power by lying to children and turning them into unconscious traitors against their family, their culture, their country and even their race.
-----------------------------------
It's an opinion Forum, so fair enough Sled; yet my bias remains w/the past.
Consider the Great Pyramid at Giza, a moment.
It's some 500 feet high and contains 2.3 million blocks of stone in its structure.
As such, each stone block weighs some 5,000 pounds.
Four thousand years ago, none of the modern tools/techniques available to us
were available to the Egyptians!
So how did they manage to get 2.3 million blocks weighing 5,000 pounds each
in place in order to construct the Great Pyramid???
The Greeks and Romans produced similar feats even more breathtaking architecturally.
Further the Cathedrals that Europe produced during Scholasticism are beyond
breathtaking, all the way to the Renaissance.
My point, plain and simple is: WE AIN'T THE GREATEST ANYTHING!!!
Anyway stay well.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
-----------------------------------

My point, plain and simple is: WE AIN'T THE GREATEST ANYTHING!!!

Losers always take that point of view.

Offline Absalom

Losers always take that point of view.
-----------------------------
Hmm.............obviously you recognized yourself in my post.

Offline Wingnut

-----------------------------
Hmm.............obviously you recognized yourself in my post.

Oh, I think we all have your your big brain under a microscope when we read your posts.  But keep posting to prove you are the smartest man in the room. Putz.

Offline Absalom

Oh, I think we all have your your big brain under a microscope when we read your posts.  But keep posting to prove you are the smartest man in the room. Putz.
----------------------
Obviously you're got the rag on, round-the-clock, cuz you don't get enough attention;
your self-created problem. Sad!
It's an opinion forum and I'm simply expressing mine about various ideas.
Have absolutely no interest in being smartest/unsmartest in the room.
Speaking of ideas; ever heard of them?????
Try the stone building w/the books inside, somewhere in town.