Author Topic: An Update on BLM Activist Who Tried to Profit off Filming Shooting of Ashli Babbitt  (Read 1457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
An Update on BLM Activist Who Tried to Profit off Filming Shooting of Ashli Babbitt
By Nick Arama | May 22, 2021 2:00 PM ET

As we previously reported, John Sullivan organized BLM protests in Utah and has been involved in BLM actions in Washington, D.C. Sullivan also ran a leftist group called Insurgence which talked about revolution and had a website that sold black bloc gear. But, he was also involved in actions at the Capitol riot.

Sullivan recorded footage at the Capitol including the shooting of Ashli Babbitt by a Capitol Police officer. He claimed that he was an independent journalist covering the action, but prosecutors didn’t believe that, saying video showed him saying things like, “Let’s go. This s**t is ours!” and “Let’s burn this s**t down.”

He was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and one count of interfering with law enforcement engaged in the lawful performance of their official duties incidental to and during the commission of civil disorder.

Sullivan sold his footage of the shooting of Ashli Babbitt and other action in the Capitol to various media organizations. He even appeared on CNN with a filmmaker, Jade Sacker, to talk about his experience inside the Capitol.

According to Reuters, he even bragged that his footage was worth “like a million of dollars, millions of dollars.”

But now, the wire service reports, his actions and efforts to sell his footage are not ending well for Sullivan.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/05/22/blm-activist-tried-to-profit-off-filming-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-n384794
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Sullivan and his film are prima facie evidence BLM and/or Antifa were right there at the forefront instigating the “insurrection”.  A fact studiously ignored so far by the political establishment and the rat media.

Sullivan’s mere existence is a PR threat to these slugs and their agenda. He’d better watch his back.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder why this perp is still not in jail like all the other ones who were id'd going into the Capitol building?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In this State, profiting from a crime is a crime. He'd have to give the money back...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. seizes funds of Capitol riot suspect who sold Jan. 6 footage to media outlets
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/22/us-seizes-funds-capitol-riot-john-earle-sullivan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

U.S. seizes funds of Capitol riot suspect who sold Jan. 6 footage to media outlets
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/22/us-seizes-funds-capitol-riot-john-earle-sullivan/
How is this legal to seize income from an individual?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

How is this legal to seize income from an individual?

He has been charged with crimes related to the events he then recorded.

The United States Supreme Court has upheld the principle of civil asset forfeiture at the federal level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

The United States Supreme Court has upheld the principle of civil asset forfeiture at the federal level.

The 'Show me the man and I will show you the crime" syndrome works perfectly well for the power hungry people.

I wonder why assets are not forfeited for those thousands of people who were taking youtube videos we see on riots happening for the past year. They were similarly there, so they must be guilty of something. Seems a lot of cell phones need confiscation.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
BLM - clearly a domestic terrorist organization.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Smokin Joe

BLM - clearly a domestic terrorist organization.
Founded by "trained marxists" (their words, not mine).

So, the communist threat is in the streets of America, demanding fealty.

Eff 'em.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

Founded by "trained marxists" (their words, not mine).

So, the communist threat is in the streets of America, demanding fealty.

Eff 'em.

Some of the BLM leaders have been quite openly vocal about their Marxism.

Online Smokin Joe

Some of the BLM leaders have been quite openly vocal about their Marxism.
Yep. Admitted enemies of the Republic, because the two are incompatible.

Add in followers, and there's the real insurrection.

Not among the ranks of those who want to see the Constitution upheld (except as a false flag operation).

But then, Leftists ever have accused Americans of doing what they themselves are up to.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 05:29:45 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

Yep. Admitted enemies of the Republic, because the two are incompatible.

Add in followers, and there's the real insurrection.

Not among the ranks of those who want to see the Constitution upheld (except as a false flag operation).

But then, Leftists ever have accused Americans of doing what they themselves are up to.

Maybe we need to try a new tact : support a group to offset them - an advocate of police reforms that isn't anticapitalism and anti-police. We never seem to get anywhere with the "this group is bad" approach.

Online Smokin Joe

Maybe we need to try a new tact : support a group to offset them - an advocate of police reforms that isn't anticapitalism and anti-police. We never seem to get anywhere with the "this group is bad" approach.

In the closest town, and all down the western towns in North Dakota, the BLM protests were met by counter protests, often bikers, flying American (and even Trump) flags, conspicuously armed with America's favorite sport-utility rifle (slung) who formed lines between the BLM protesters and the nearest businesses.

Everything remained peaceful, and the message (to the BLM bunch) was clear: You aren't going to be breaking stuff in our town.
The counter protests were organized and had coordinated with the local police and were warmly greeted by (and made up of) locals, including law enforcement. It was not just a counter protest, but a small and representative show of force.

'Back the Blue' flags are common in town, as are pallets painted with black and blue alternating planks, so there is a lot of local support for the police. I have had only one occasion to run across any law enforcement in the area who were out of line, be they State, County, or even City Police or game wardens. Even in my 'bad ol' days' I didn't have problems with police who were professional, never out of line or in need of reform.

So let's look at the whole raison d'etre for BLM, and I'm not seeing anything but the fictions that St. Trayvon, St. George, St Michael of Ferguson, St. Freddie of Baltimore, and others, were anything but holy and beatified saints who were horribly wronged, despite the crimes, and even violent behaviours and possible altered mental states they were in at the time of their demise. If, indeed, someone is wrongfully killed or injured, with the incredible amount of video, then those instances should be examined on a case-by-case basis, without mobs in the streets or threats of violent extremes.

In reality, criminal actions led to their deaths, often directly.

Now, if police are out of line, causing injury and death that is not justified by the circumstances, then perhaps those police need for the courts to examine their actions, and, as appropriate, either purge their ranks of bad elements or retrain those who are bad actors.
But "reform" as used by the Left means tying hands, neutering, and giving specific demographics freedom from the constraints of the law, carte blanche, and I cannot support that.

Laws are the constraints, self-imposed, by a culture which represent the way that culture wants to live.
Some do not wish to live in a way that complies with that societal and ultimately self-imposed cultural norm.
The law is independent of all the little reasons for "protected" groups, and those factors should be moot. Whether a person is a biracial drag queen or a priest, they should have the same protection of the law, be equally constrained by it, and suffer the same penalties for breaking it.

Police are merely there to enforce those laws.

If the police don't represent the culture (that made those laws), then either the law or the culture should (and will need to) change.

Now, maybe things are different elsewhere, but that is how it looks here.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Sullivan and his film are prima facie evidence BLM and/or Antifa were right there at the forefront instigating the “insurrection”.  A fact studiously ignored so far by the political establishment and the rat media.

Sullivan’s mere existence is a PR threat to these slugs and their agenda. He’d better watch his back.

Eps...er Sullivan didn't kill himself...?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

BassWrangler

Offline Sled Dog

And the Supreme Court is letting their closet fascism out for a test walk.

The Constitution is clear that people and their property are safe from government seizure except upon conviction for a crime or after proper recompense for value taken.

Civil forfeiture is a gross violation of civil rights and violates the presumption of innocence that Hillary holds so dear.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog