Author Topic: Blinken leaves for Middle East to try to bolster Israel-Hamas ceasefire, resume region's peace talks  (Read 1429 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Send in the Flunkies
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yes by all means give Blinken the nod, after all he did so well with China.

Online Right_in_Virginia

We just replenished Israel's iron dome supplies.  I can't help but wonder if Israel would be more inclined to taking a seat at the negotiating table if they had to ration their military supplies and actually have to buy and wait for replacements.

The US needs to stop interferring in the Israel/Palestine peace process, including the ongoing skirmishes.  Let this neighborhood take care of itself.  They can't do a worse job than we've done. 

We need to be sure we've got our wallet when we leave and take our magic wand back from the IDF.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Blinken is going to the Muddle East?

What about Nod,and that other guy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

Blinken is going to the Muddle East?

What about Nod,and that other guy?

Rudolph?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Idea:  Rocket buybacks for food, medicine, or lottery scratch tickets.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

BassWrangler

Idea:  Rocket buybacks for food, medicine, or lottery scratch tickets.

That's a great idea.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Pray Israel makes peace with the Palestinians and turns her attention to expanding and deepening the Abrahams Accords against the common threat:  Iran.

Or, Israel can continue to diddle around with the occupied territories, with diminishing global (US) support and weakening, instead of strenghtening,  aliances in the Middle East.

Offline Absalom

Rudolph?
-------------------
Winken, the three children in Eugene Field's Wooden Shoe, sailing across the world.
Par for a Biden appointee.

Offline GtHawk

We just replenished Israel's iron dome supplies.  I can't help but wonder if Israel would be more inclined to taking a seat at the negotiating table if they had to ration their military supplies and actually have to buy and wait for replacements.

The US needs to stop interferring in the Israel/Palestine peace process, including the ongoing skirmishes.  Let this neighborhood take care of itself.  They can't do a worse job than we've done. 

We need to be sure we've got our wallet when we leave and take our magic wand back from the IDF.
Not that I disagree with the US staying out but really? Israel should ration their defense while Iran and others are rearming Hamas? I think it's a well proven scenario that the only reason the terrorists agree to a cease fire is because they have used almost all of their rockets and need time to rearm.
This isn't a land war, this is a religious war and one with adherents of the only religion in the world that has not advanced from the principle of kill everyone that is not like me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
-------------------
Winken, the three children in Eugene Field's Wooden Shoe, sailing across the world.
Par for a Biden appointee.

@Absalom

THAT'S the one!

Thank you!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not that I disagree with the US staying out but really? Israel should ration their defense while Iran and others are rearming Hamas? I think it's a well proven scenario that the only reason the terrorists agree to a cease fire is because they have used almost all of their rockets and need time to rearm.
This isn't a land war, this is a religious war and one with adherents of the only religion in the world that has not advanced from the principle of kill everyone that is not like me.

@GtHawk

Islam is not a religion. It is a mental disease and should be treated like a disease with the whole civilized world joining together to eradicate it.

Offline GtHawk

@GtHawk

Islam is not a religion. It is a mental disease and should be treated like a disease with the whole civilized world joining together to eradicate it.
@sneakypete regardless of what we think of it to it's adherents it is a religion and what is happening is as far as they are concerned is a holy war.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Hamas and Hezbollah are buttons that Iran pushes when it wants to take asymmertical military revenge upon Israel or when Iran wants to deflect attention from itself, its nuclear program, and its sponsorship of terrorist groups.

Iran used the money it got from the Nuclear Deal to further destabilize the Middle East by launching a proxy war with Saudi Arabia in Yemen.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Absalom

Hamas and Hezbollah are buttons that Iran pushes when it wants to take asymmertical military revenge upon Israel or when Iran wants to deflect attention from itself, its nuclear program, and its sponsorship of terrorist groups.
Iran used the money it got from the Nuclear Deal to further destabilize the Middle East by launching a proxy war with Saudi Arabia in Yemen.
----------------------------------
A reflection on history, Man's greatest teacher.
Some 2,500 years past, the "parents" of the Iranians preened and strutted across the
Middle East, trumpets blaring they were the greatest and all better kow-tow immediately, or else.
The Greeks paid them no mind, so Darius decided to teach them a permanent lesson.
He confronted the Prince of Macedon at Gaugamela (Arbela, northern Iraq) in 330 BC
having a 5 to 1 advantage in Calvary and Infantry..
There, Alexander inflicted arguably his greatest victory, crushing the Persians in half a
day while destroying their Empire and leaving some 250,000 of their dead on the battlefield,
w/Darius hanging from a tree.
We are unserious about Iran as our foreign policy assholery prove repeatedly.
If so, we would produce another Alexander who would seize the initiative and
leave that trash hanging from trees while setting Tehran on fire.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 07:31:34 pm by Absalom »

BassWrangler

----------------------------------
A reflection on Man's greatest teacher.
Some 2,500 years past, the "parents" of the Iranians preened and strutted across the
Middle East, trumpets blaring they were the greatest and all better kow-tow immediately, or else.
The Greeks paid them no mind, so Darius decided to teach them a permanent lesson.
He confronted the Prince of Macedon at Gaugamela (Arbela, northern Iraq) in 330 BC
having a 5 to 1 advantage in Calvary and Infantry..
There, Alexander inflicted arguably his greatest victory, crushing the Persians in half a
day while destroying their Empire and leaving some 250,000 of their dead on the battlefield,
w/Darius hanging from a tree.
We are unserious about Iran as our foreign policy assholery prove repeatedly.
If so, we would produce another Alexander who would seize the initiative and
leave that trash hanging from trees while setting Tehran on fire.

@Absalom - don't know if you know this or not, but it's not necessary to hit Enter at the end of every line of text. You can save that for paragraphs. The browser will wrap the text appropriately, and your posts will be lot more legible for others.

Online corbe

It was those Barbaric 'Mountain People' (Iranians) that eventually erased the Sumerians from the World Map, if I'm not mistaken @Absalom .
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete regardless of what we think of it to it's adherents it is a religion and what is happening is as far as they are concerned is a holy war.

@GtHawk

Which means it is a mental disease.

Offline GtHawk

@GtHawk

Which means it is a mental disease.
I hope you weren't looking for an argument :shrug:

BassWrangler