Author Topic: Chinese Tanker BUSTED With "Tons" Of American Body Parts In It's Hold  (Read 4546 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Chinese Tanker BUSTED With "Tons" Of American Body Parts In It's Hold
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2021, 02:24:08 pm »
For some odd reason, farmers and ranchers rarely have gym memberships.  Same with roughnecks and the like.

@thackney

There is nothing wrong or shameful with working primarily with your mind,and then joining a gym to try to keep your body toned-up as well

I tried it myself,but it just didn't work for me. I had too much energy back then to be stuffed away in an office,and I generally don't play well with others that like to play the stupid games those people seem to like to play on each other with the backstabbing each other like little bitches.

And I tend to be a bit vocal when someone pisses me off,which didn't tend to make them like me any more than I liked them.

Still,I can't help but admire those who have what it takes to tough it out in that sort of environment,and who work hard to make it better while getting positive things done. It definitely ain't for everybody.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2021, 02:40:22 pm »
@thackney

There is nothing wrong or shameful with working primarily with your mind,and then joining a gym to try to keep your body toned-up as well

I tried it myself,but it just didn't work for me. I had too much energy back then to be stuffed away in an office,and I generally don't play well with others that like to play the stupid games those people seem to like to play on each other with the backstabbing each other like little bitches.

And I tend to be a bit vocal when someone pisses me off,which didn't tend to make them like me any more than I liked them.

Still,I can't help but admire those who have what it takes to tough it out in that sort of environment,and who work hard to make it better while getting positive things done. It definitely ain't for everybody.
Like you I hate office environments and do not do well with office politics but given where I live my career options were limited & I ended up stuck in high tech for thirty years - I had a mortgage & a family to raise.

So I began 'working out' during lunch & after work in my early twenties. Still am. Otherwise I'd certainly I'd be suffering hypertension and diabetes, like my father was at this point in his life. Additionally other activities are still open to me that are closed to most others who are my age.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2021, 03:24:05 pm »

Yeah there is. When I got up out of the chair, Mamma went to get me one of them treadmill thingys for people. What a torture device that is. I don't mind the walking - But I have to be going somewhere. Honest to God, I thought she'd be leading me out to the hot walker when I was done.

As a matter of fact, I hated it so bad that I have not subjected a horse to a treadmill or a hot walker since. And I never will again.

Gyms are crazy. Who would go do that when there's a river or woods nearby? It is a waste of free time, better spent out in the sticks, and is the same narrow thinking folks get that causes them to plan out their whole day in 15 minute increments... Control like that will make you crazy. I know, I seen me do it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2021, 04:32:36 pm »
@thackney

There is nothing wrong or shameful with working primarily with your mind,and then joining a gym to try to keep your body toned-up as well...

For me personally, I spend most my time sitting in the office, getting into the field frequently but just a minority of my time.

I find my home life is far more rewarding doing things there that involve some physical work, rather than paying a gym to do work without a tangible work product.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 01:01:28 am »

Like you I hate office environments and do not do well with office politics but given where I live my career options were limited & I ended up stuck in high tech for thirty years - I had a mortgage & a family to raise.

@skeeter

Yup,I was brought up to believe that when you become and adult and start a family,you don't whine about responsibilities like some little bitch,you man the hell up and do what has to be done without whining about it.

That IS the way life is,not the Disney World some people seem to think. Refusing to recognize reality is in MY NSHO,what is responsible for most of the divorces. No man and no woman can shoulder all those responsibilities by themselves,and they aren't supposed to do so. That is why men and women were created. You need a partner that will work with you.

Good on you!

So I began 'working out' during lunch & after work in my early twenties. Still am. Otherwise I'd certainly I'd be suffering hypertension and diabetes, like my father was at this point in his life. Additionally other activities are still open to me that are closed to most others who are my age.

Well,there is a LOT to be said for just eating,sleeping,and feeling better. You need no other reason. Show me a man or woman in their 50's who has always lived a sedentary life,and I will show you someone with a multitude of illnesses and physical problems.

There is no comparing how well I felt and the energy and enthusiasm I had for life even when I was in my 60's and still able to do things like build outbuilding,re-shingle my roof,and other things. Now I even have to pay someone to cut my damn grass because I can't take a chance on my leg becoming even more infected from grass and dirt residue.

BTW,I need to add that I later figured out the major reason I can't work in offices without getting hyper and aggressive. The damn fluorescent lights seem to affect my mood in bad ways. I get all hyper and aggressive,and am probably too aggressive for most people when I am having a good day. Working in an office only made it worse.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:05:18 am by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2021, 01:20:10 am »
@sneakypete BTW I've read fluorescent lights actually flicker at a high frequency, imperceptible to the eye but not the brain and can be stress inducing. In that regard today’s code requirement for low power LEDs is probably a very good thing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2021, 01:25:03 am »
@sneakypete BTW I've read fluorescent lights actually flicker at a high frequency, imperceptible to the eye but not the brain and can be stress inducing. In that regard today’s code requirement for low power LEDs is probably a very good thing.

The fluorescents  "flicker" at 60Hz (in the US, 50Hz elsewhere).  That made them a handy strobe light to verify the speed of the turntables in radio stations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2021, 01:27:17 am »

Facts. I am very susceptible to flicker or strobes... I get an epileptic fugue from that and may go into a full on fit.
But then, LED keeps me awake all night... I have to have alarms to tell me to shut the dang things off or I will never get tired. I am the canary in the coalmine where light changes are concerned.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 12:38:03 am »
Facts. I am very susceptible to flicker or strobes... I get an epileptic fugue from that and may go into a full on fit.
But then, LED keeps me awake all night... I have to have alarms to tell me to shut the dang things off or I will never get tired. I am the canary in the coalmine where light changes are concerned.
I get what you are saying about lights in general. The 60 Hz hum puts me to sleep. Otherwise lights keep me awake.

I worked a well in Nevada many years ago, and the two of us working the well had to be there for the pre-spud meeting, on full pay after. When we showed up the rig wasn't even moved onto the new location (road issues), so there was no electricity and the camp hadn't even been spotted. We camped out on another shut-in location, built a fire and cooked all the meat we had (not much 'cause we knew it'd be better to just buy local), and spent a week without electricity before the location was ready and the rig was rigged up and the light plant was up and running.

After three days without artificial light, I was up with the sun, and out an hour or so after sunset, which is what I think humans are really wired for. Get away from all those electric lights and you can really see the night sky, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 12:50:02 am »
I get what you are saying about lights in general. The 60 Hz hum puts me to sleep. Otherwise lights keep me awake.

I worked a well in Nevada many years ago, and the two of us working the well had to be there for the pre-spud meeting, on full pay after. When we showed up the rig wasn't even moved onto the new location (road issues), so there was no electricity and the camp hadn't even been spotted. We camped out on another shut-in location, built a fire and cooked all the meat we had (not much 'cause we knew it'd be better to just buy local), and spent a week without electricity before the location was ready and the rig was rigged up and the light plant was up and running.

After three days without artificial light, I was up with the sun, and out an hour or so after sunset, which is what I think humans are really wired for. Get away from all those electric lights and you can really see the night sky, too.

That's pretty much me too - I have zero circadian problems, no hibernation problems (even in the winter), no light problems at all the minute I am out in the sticks. But put me in front of LED screens all day and leave me inside of my artificial cave, with the active part of sunlight not penetrating glass windows, and I start having real problems.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 01:06:27 am »

@Smokin Joe

And it is something truly special to gaze upon,for those of you who have always lived in cities. It will sometimes just take your breath away.

Gazing at the stars on a clear night does more to release stress with me than anything I know of.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2021, 01:20:18 am »
@Smokin Joe

And it is something truly special to gaze upon,for those of you who have always lived in cities. It will sometimes just take your breath away.

Gazing at the stars on a clear night does more to release stress with me than anything I know of.
As a kid, next to the water the humidity was always high. In the mountains in Virginia, same with all the trees pootin out water vapor all day. But in the desert or the great plains on a crisp, clear, winter night, far away from the lights of town, you look up and get vertigo, you feel like you could fall off the planet into the billions of stars. Nothing like it. Add in the northern lights (they'll dance if you whistle), and it is truly special.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2021, 01:37:22 am »
@Smokin Joe

It's a thing I do nearly every single night... Sleepy Time tea, out on the porch, in the sweet, sacred night, underneath that big Montana sky.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2021, 01:39:22 am »
Add in the northern lights (they'll dance if you whistle), and it is truly special.

We get em here, rare enough to be pretty special. Must be a wonder up north.

Online DB

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2021, 02:42:29 am »
The fluorescents  "flicker" at 60Hz (in the US, 50Hz elsewhere).  That made them a handy strobe light to verify the speed of the turntables in radio stations.

I would think they'd flicker 120 times a second. The fluorescent shouldn't care about the polarity of the voltage/current applied. So it should be on during the peak of each half cycle and off during the change of polarity. Or in other words is should be on and off twice for every cycle of the supply voltage.

Okay... I'll shut up...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2021, 04:16:31 am »
I would think they'd flicker 120 times a second. The fluorescent shouldn't care about the polarity of the voltage/current applied. So it should be on during the peak of each half cycle and off during the change of polarity. Or in other words is should be on and off twice for every cycle of the supply voltage.

Okay... I'll shut up...

That's possible, I've been known to be wrong on that stuff.  The hum from the ballast is 60Hz, though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2021, 05:51:33 am »
As a kid, next to the water the humidity was always high. In the mountains in Virginia, same with all the trees pootin out water vapor all day. But in the desert or the great plains on a crisp, clear, winter night, far away from the lights of town, you look up and get vertigo, you feel like you could fall off the planet into the billions of stars. Nothing like it. Add in the northern lights (they'll dance if you whistle), and it is truly special.

@Smokin Joe.

Probably THE most awesome moment of my life not only the first time,but every time since. I SWEAR I could feel "peace" settle all over me like a warm blanket on a cold night. It is the closest I have ever came to having a religious experience.

Anybody who has never seen this spectacle owes it to themselves to witness it themselves at least once in their lives. NOT in video or tape,but the real thing in real time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2021, 05:53:09 am »
It's a thing I do nearly every single night... Sleepy Time tea, out on the porch, in the sweet, sacred night, underneath that big Montana sky.

@roamer_1

It is the kind of thing that makes living worthwhile,regardless of what your problems are.

I don't live in Montana,but I do live in a VERY rural area in the east,and don't  have another house within a mile of me,so there is no smog or anything else to get between me and the stars.

BTW,actually witnesses two separate UFO events while living right here. On one occasion,it hovered right over my house and it was so big it blotted out the nighttime sky. It sat there for a while and just hovered,and then I heard a loud sound EXACTLY like one of those old-timey "pull chains" make when you pull the cord to turn the light on or off,and it disappeared in the blink of any eye. I know of 3 other people that saw that exact same thing that exact night,and none of us were aware of the others seeing it until the next day when we bumped into each other and asked "BTW,did you see........".
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:58:00 am by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2021, 06:23:05 am »
@roamer_1

It is the kind of thing that makes living worthwhile,regardless of what your problems are.

I don't live in Montana,but I do live in a VERY rural area in the east,and don't  have another house within a mile of me,so there is no smog or anything else to get between me and the stars.

BTW,actually witnesses two separate UFO events while living right here. On one occasion,it hovered right over my house and it was so big it blotted out the nighttime sky. It sat there for a while and just hovered,and then I heard a loud sound EXACTLY like one of those old-timey "pull chains" make when you pull the cord to turn the light on or off,and it disappeared in the blink of any eye. I know of 3 other people that saw that exact same thing that exact night,and none of us were aware of the others seeing it until the next day when we bumped into each other and asked "BTW,did you see........".

@sneakypete
Now here I thought you were a Western boy, living in rural Colorado... How'd I get that in my head?

You should see the sky way back on Sarah Peak, all the way back in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. Like ol @Smokin Joe said, t feels for all the world like you could fall right into it... Massive and alive, with billions of stars.

I ain't been up close to a UFO, but I know they are there. I was sitting on that mountain, or maybe my camp above Lost Johnny creek, and witnessed two things moving, way up in the sky, one from the eastern horizon, and the other from the western horizon. When I picked em up, they were probably both about an eighth of the way across the sky, and in a count of about 10 seconds they were over the top of me, and just before they looked to collide, one went north and the other went south. another count of 12 seconds or so and they were gone over the horizon

There ain't nothing we have that moves at that speed, and certainly not anything that turns that sharp at that speed, never even slowing down.

And I like to look for em, while i am sitting out on the porch... The sats all come through on about the same track and I often see them... But then you'll see something way up there that is under power and following some flight plan,  turning... Unlikely that is anything of ours.

I know they are out there. Not a doubt in my mind, and I dare say anyone in rural areas that lay up in a bedroll under the stars would know they are there too. Pretty easy to find nearly every night.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2021, 08:39:45 am »
@sneakypete

Now here I thought you were a Western boy, living in rural Colorado... How'd I get that in my head?

I used to live in Denver,but had to move back home when my mother died and my father fell to pieces in order to take care of him. Loved living in Colorado and hitting the open roads to nowhere on my Harley,but you have to do what you have to do.

You should see the sky way back on Sarah Peak, all the way back in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. Like ol @Smokin Joe said, t feels for all the world like you could fall right into it... Massive and alive, with billions of stars.

I ain't been up close to a UFO, but I know they are there. I was sitting on that mountain, or maybe my camp above Lost Johnny creek, and witnessed two things moving, way up in the sky, one from the eastern horizon, and the other from the western horizon. When I picked em up, they were probably both about an eighth of the way across the sky, and in a count of about 10 seconds they were over the top of me, and just before they looked to collide, one went north and the other went south. another count of 12 seconds or so and they were gone over the horizon

There ain't nothing we have that moves at that speed, and certainly not anything that turns that sharp at that speed, never even slowing down.

And I like to look for em, while i am sitting out on the porch... The sats all come through on about the same track and I often see them... But then you'll see something way up there that is under power and following some flight plan,  turning... Unlikely that is anything of ours.

I know they are out there. Not a doubt in my mind, and I dare say anyone in rural areas that lay up in a bedroll under the stars would know they are there too. Pretty easy to find nearly every night.

I agree that many people see them,but most will never admit it because they don't want to be called crazy. They are obviously harmless because if they meant us any harm,it would be over for us,given the technology they so obvious have that is immensely superior to any we have.

Truth to tell,I doubt I would have ever talked about the one that hovered over the house so closely it blocked out all the stars if I didn't know those other people had seen it the same night.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2021, 09:02:57 am »
Any sign of Jimmy Hoffa?

Everyone I know thinks he was buried under Giants Stadium, in The Meadowlands.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:35:45 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline thackney

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2021, 11:33:29 am »

Okay... I'll shut up...

You are correct.  However modern high-frequency electronic ballasts, most of which operate around 40 kHz, have all but eliminated the issue of stroboscopic flicker with fluorescent lamps.

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/architectural-lighting/retail-hospitality/article/16695911/understand-the-lighting-flicker-frustration-magazine
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:35:11 am by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer