Author Topic: Ted Cruz blasts Brian Williams as ‘corrupt’ after anchor accuses him of peddling ‘Russian propaganda  (Read 253 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Gotta love Ted!  happy77

Ted Cruz blasts Brian Williams as ‘corrupt’ after anchor accuses him of peddling ‘Russian propaganda’

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, blasted MSNBC anchor Brian Williams on Friday as a "pitiful example of corrupt corporate media" after Williams accused the senator of sharing "Russian propaganda."

Cruz condemned a controversial new U.S. Army recruitment video, arguing that it's intended to promote a "woke, emasculated military." The original ad features Cpl. Emma Malonelord, a soldier raised in California by two moms, showing her attending LGBTQ protests, before following her journey to joining the Army.

The ad got so much negative feedback on YouTube that the comments section was disabled. But the TikTok video Cruz shared and responded to on Twitter contrasts the Army video with an ad from Russia's military featuring a muscular man hitting the gym and jumping out of planes.

At the end of his program, Williams called Cruz's remarks a "remarkably stupid lapse in judgment" while pushing the new nickname "Kremlin Cruz." Williams also suggested Cruz one day wants to be president of Russia.

Cruz pushed back against this assertion by listing at least three flaws in Williams' argument.

One, Cruz said, "I hate communists, my family was imprisoned & tortured by communists, and Brian is a shameless apologist for Russian (and Chinese and Cuban) communists."

Two, "I was arguing that our military needs to be able to kick the ass of Russian soldiers. It’s Brian & his lefty comrades that are working relentlessly to diminish the effectiveness of the U.S. military—the finest fighting force on the face of the planet."

And thirdly, he wrote, "JUST THIS WEEK Biden gave Putin a multi-billion-dollar gift, when he waived mandatory U.S. sanctions to allow Russia to build Nord Stream 2, a massive natural gas pipeline to Germany. Who authored the sanctions that STOPPED NS2? That would be me."..................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-cruz-blasts-brian-williams-as-corrupt-after-anchor-accuses-him-peddling
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.