Author Topic: Up to 40 bodies, mostly women, found buried on ex-cop’s property in El Salvador  (Read 468 times)

Offline thackney

Up to 40 bodies, mostly women, found buried on ex-cop’s property in El Salvador
https://globalnews.ca/news/7882500/el-salvador-mass-graves-women/
May 20, 2021

El Salvador officials said on Thursday they were excavating graves discovered at the house of a former police officer that contained as many as 40 bodies, most of them believed to be women.

Exhuming all the bodies could take another month, authorities said. The remains of at least 24 people have been recovered so far at the house in the municipality of Chalchuapa, about 48 miles (78 km) northwest of the capital, San Salvador.

At least 10 people are facing charges, according to the office of the attorney general, including a former police officer, Hugo Ernesto Osorio Chavez, whose home is on the same site as the graves....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
The discovery of the mass grave has brought the issue of femicides into focus in the Central American country of 6.7 million, which recorded 70 killings of women last year. There were 111 in 2019, police data showed.

Good grief, potentially this police officer may be responsible for close to half the killings (of women) per year in the country.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:53:18 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline thackney

Good grief, potentially this police officer may be responsible for close to half the killings (of women) per year in the country.

I would guess this was over more than a year period.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I would guess this was over more than a year period.

Thus do I, but I did put the disclaimer of "potentially".
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....