Author Topic: Fauci no longer confident COVID-19 emerged naturally  (Read 2545 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci no longer confident COVID-19 emerged naturally
« on: May 23, 2021, 01:03:44 pm »
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | May 22, 2021 09:55 PM

Dr. Anthony Fauci is now calling for further investigation into the origins of COVID-19 in a departure from his dismissal of the Wuhan lab leak hypothesis last year.

President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, who has led the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, said he was unsure when asked by Politifact's Katie Sanders about whether he was still confident that COVID-19 emerged naturally.

"No, actually. ... No, I’m not convinced about that. I think that we should continue to investigate what went on in China until we find out to the best of our ability exactly what happened," Fauci said during the May 11 interview. "Certainly, the people who’ve investigated it say it likely was the emergence from an animal reservoir that then infected individuals, but it could’ve been something else, and we need to find that out. So, you know, that’s the reason why I said I’m perfectly in favor of any investigation that looks into the origin of the virus."

Over a year ago, during a May 4, 2020, National Geographic interview, Fauci laughed off the possibility that COVID-19 escaped from a lab when science editor Nsikan Akpan asked, "Do you believe or is there evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was made in the lab in China or accidentally released from a lab in China?"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fauci-no-longer-confident-covid-19-emerged-naturally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Fauci no longer confident COVID-19 emerged naturally
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:22:17 pm »
Enough was known a year ago that Fauci "laughing off" the lab leak possibility back last year was inexcusably dumb at the time. More evidence has emerged since, but Fauci should have known not to dismiss entirely the possibility.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 04:32:14 pm »

That may change tomorrow.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 05:03:42 pm »
Fauci knows with certainty where it came from.

He's just covering his ass because there's been numerous published news stories recently showing where it came from and he's been on the other side of it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 05:16:15 pm »
Something weird is going on. For Fauci to implicate China in any way at all is an extreme change from everything he has said for over a year. No to mention that China has dirt on him concerning his funding of the Covid research from the beginning. Also, we all know China has tons of dirt on Biden and his dirtbag son.

Saw a thing on Tucker in which a virus expert said the fact that Covid is manmade is irrefutable. She said that virologists can tell by the fundamental structure of the virus that it cannot occur naturally, just by the way it is configured. He may be admitting this now because he no longer has any choice. The more the world learns about the virus, the more they are seeing unequivocal evidence that it was an engineered and manmade designed virus.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 05:19:25 pm »
Fauci knows with certainty where it came from.

He's just covering his ass because there's been numerous published news stories recently showing where it came from and he's been on the other side of it.
Fauci reportedly signed the waiver that allowed illegal gain-of-function work that led to the Covid which was released. He's as dirty as he could be.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 05:22:14 pm »
Fauci reportedly signed the waiver that allowed illegal gain-of-function work that led to the Covid which was released. He's as dirty as he could be.

Fauci, Biden and the Chinese are all GUILTY!!!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dr Fauci now says he's 'not convinced' COVID developed naturally and calls for a full investigation into 'what went on in China'

Dr Anthony Fauci questioned the origins of COVID-19 at a May 11 PolitiFact event
    Asked if he's 'still confident it developed naturally', Fauci said: 'No, actually'
    'I think we should continue to investigate what went on in China until we continue to find out to the best of our ability what happened,' he said
    Fauci's comments came after he clashed with Sen Rand Paul on the topic at a Senate hearing earlier this month
    In front of the Senate Fauci said he could not rule out the possibility that COVID-19 leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology
    On Thursday the White House renewed calls for an 'independent, transparent investigation' into the origins of the virus
    It followed a report from Republicans which found 'significant circumstantial evidence' of a lab leak

By Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com and Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor Aboard Air Force One

Published: 13:37 EDT, 23 May 2021 | Updated: 15:02 EDT, 23 May 2021

Dr Anthony Fauci revealed he is 'not convinced' that COVID-19 developed naturally and called for an open investigation into its origins as China faces mounting pressure to provide transparency on the issue. 

Fauci, the nation's leading expert in infectious diseases, explained his uncertainty during a PolitiFact event on May 11 entitled: United Facts of America: A Festival of Fact-Checking.

'There's a lot of cloudiness around the origins of COVID-19 still, so I wanted to ask, are you still confident that it developed naturally?' PolitiFact managing editor Katie Sanders asked Fauci. 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9610069/Dr-Fauci-says-hes-not-convinced-COVID-19-formed-naturally.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rustynail

"Dr Fauci now says"......how many times have we heard this.

Too many.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 09:33:38 pm »
Who really gives a flip to what Fauci says. He is an enemy of the U.S.A.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:04 am »
Fauci is just trying to distance himself from the blood trail that leads right to the door of the department he has headed for decades.

Funding from NIAID was channeled to the gain of function research being carried out at Wuhan, and the researchers on the gain of function research published in Naturein 2015  (creating a chimera virus from a bat coronavirus and a "mouse adapted SARS backbone")  included two on the team from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. That research was being carried out in North Carolina, and was halted in 2014. The NIAID had funding in that, too. Those dots are not hard to connect. If he didn't KNOW exactly where the virus came from, he should have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 05:26:38 am »
Well, doggone it!

Sometimes a "conspiracy theory" is just a description of a very real conspiracy.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 05:32:47 am »
Well, doggone it!

Sometimes a "conspiracy theory" is just a description of a very real conspiracy.

Yep. This article is what convinced me:

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 05:59:12 am »
Yep. This article is what convinced me:

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038
Once I connected the dots from North Carolina to Wuhan, and had read the paper and descriptions of the virus and symptoms/actions in COVID-19, I was 99.9% sure it had come from that lab.

I even postulated three ways it could have got out:

Sloppy protocols, including the possible sale or improper disposal of lab animals (sold for food out the back door).
An unintentionally Infected worker carried and spread it.
Intentional release, either sanctioned by PLA/CCP or not (disgruntled/homicidal worker).

As for being a natural virus, the descriptions of the virus in the Nature paper in 2015 fit like a glove. Then hearing how the bat virus involved was nowhere near Wuhan naturally, and the absence of an intermediate host,  a trans species jump grew even less likely.
Then I started reading tidbits which confirmed my conclusions..

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2021, 07:05:48 am »
Once I connected the dots from North Carolina to Wuhan, and had read the paper and descriptions of the virus and symptoms/actions in COVID-19, I was 99.9% sure it had come from that lab.

I even postulated three ways it could have got out:

Sloppy protocols, including the possible sale or improper disposal of lab animals (sold for food out the back door).
An unintentionally Infected worker carried and spread it.
Intentional release, either sanctioned by PLA/CCP or not (disgruntled/homicidal worker).

As for being a natural virus, the descriptions of the virus in the Nature paper in 2015 fit like a glove. Then hearing how the bat virus involved was nowhere near Wuhan naturally, and the absence of an intermediate host,  a trans species jump grew even less likely.
Then I started reading tidbits which confirmed my conclusions..

In the article I linked they point out how easy it is for a virus to escape a Level 2 lab, and how the virologists hate working in Level 4 environments and are thus highly motivated to down-rate a virus. Given China's penchant for sloppy safety standards and QC, an accident is highly likely.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2021, 07:18:23 am »
In the article I linked they point out how easy it is for a virus to escape a Level 2 lab, and how the virologists hate working in Level 4 environments and are thus highly motivated to down-rate a virus. Given China's penchant for sloppy safety standards and QC, an accident is highly likely.
That's my take, too.

It was China's actions afterward which guaranteed the virus would go global, and their attempts to cover it up that made things worse. In one sense, they had a crisis, but by not being forthcoming they used it to provoke panic and keep it going globally, even using the WHO director they insisted on to give bad advice to ensure the virus would spread.

The advantage, albeit an unknown, was that they could use this to damage Trump, who was a problem for them in trade negotiations and elsewhere. Not so easily bought as Democrats. The question is whether there was collusion and even advice to the democrats on how to utilize the virus to enable the theft of the election, and who involved who when and how. Is Fauci just a lying toad, or did he have incentive to do precisely wrong things for the economy, and if so, from where/whom? Have others been compromised, to the extent that they would risk their professional reputations on badly (obviously badly) crafted studies of Hydroxychloroquine (never proposed as a stand alone treatment) without the rest of the regimen, that they would poison participants in Brazil with lethal doses of Chloroquine, and administer a protocol intended to stop viral replication only at the late stages of the disease when the damage was already done?

The reaction to the virus is where the real evil lies, be it unintentional or calculated, whether it was coached long term, or just enabled by the Chinese withholding information.

It is the crime of the century. Not the piddling fracas on Capitol Hill on 1/6.

But then, it's early in the century, yet.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2021, 02:19:17 pm »

Very good article, thanks.

Thanks to @PeteS in CA , who was the person who first posted it here.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright