Author Topic: Biden tries to claim credit for cease-fire between Israel and Hamas  (Read 724 times)

Offline Hoodat

Biden tries to claim credit for cease-fire between Israel and Hamas

'You know, we've held intensive, high-level discussions, hour by hour, literally'

Keith Koffler, Morgan Philips  -  Two days ago

President Biden sought to take credit for a cease-fire Thursday between Israel and Hamas, despite reports that it was Egypt that brokered the peace.

Biden, who spoke at the White House, included a sentence in his remarks commending Egyptian officials for their "critical role" in ending the fighting. But he repeatedly emphasized the intensive work he said was done by his own administration.

"Over the last 11 days, I spoke with the prime minister six times. I've also spoken with President Abbas and the Palestinian Authority more the once and part of our intense diplomatic engagement," Biden said, "And I want to also thank secretary of state, the secretary of defense, our national security adviser, and everyone on our team for their incredible efforts to bring this about, this outcome that we're about to see.

"You know, we've held intensive, high-level discussions, hour by hour, literally, Egypt, the Palestinian Authority and other Middle Eastern countries, with an aim of avoiding this sort of prolonged conflict we've seen in previous years when the hostilities have broken out."  .  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-israel-replenish-iron-dome-limit-hamas-rocket

Basically, Netanyahu completely ignored Biden for a week and a half, Egypt stepped up and convinced Hamas to stand down, and then Biden took all the credit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

"Over the last 11 days, I spoke with the prime minister six times. ..."

I can just picture Bibi putting the phone on mute and laughing uproariously when Dementia Joe calls, saying to his aides, "Can you believe this idiot?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe, Stick with negotiating with the Corn Pop's of the world.  Bibi is the real "bad dude", you provincial putz.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

From reports I've read, Egypt was the go-between who helped work out the cease fire, and when the deal was worked out Netanyahu dialed up Joe to let him know before Joe learned of the deal while watching Morning Marionette or Rachel MadCow.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

From reports I've read, Egypt was the go-between who helped work out the cease fire, and when the deal was worked out Netanyahu dialed up Joe to let him know before Joe learned of the deal while watching Morning Marionette or Rachel MadCow.
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org