Paul
9 (10.3%)
Other~Zig Zag Man (pot option)
4 (4.6%)
Marjorie Taylor Greene
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 21, 2021, 11:26:25 pm

Author Topic: TBR Presidential Straw Poll (5/21)  (Read 6082 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: TBR Presidential Straw Poll (5/21)
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2021, 12:42:30 pm »
Don't come crying to me... ****slapping

It's his party and he'll cry if he wants too.
-L. Corbe Gore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2021, 06:35:21 pm »
DeSantis is leading in this poll.  To all those who think he's presidential material, seriously, sit and listen to one of his speeches and one of his question and answer sessions.  He uses "um" and "er" a lot and I hate to bring him up, but IMHO he's less articulate than "W".  To me, it's a real drawback. 

He doesn't have the ability to connect with people. Of course after Trump, that's going to be difficult.  Trump had the absolutely ability to connect with people and draw crowds.

I haven't sat and listened to a Pompeo or Cotton speech; something to consider is a potential candidate's ability to connect with people.

Many disagree with me in here, but Cruz is articulate and connects with the Tea Party mindset.  I think he's taken some tips from Trump over the years.

Greene, well, she I believe has the ability to connect with people.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:42:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2021, 12:22:03 am »
Anybody but Trump... :shrug:

Marked Desantis Cotton Cruz Hawley in that order...

Hawley because only have three of the four blanks I'd consider voting for... he is a Trump supporter so was a throw away,  2A as noted also.. happy77... :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:40:50 am by montanajoe »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2021, 12:25:58 am »
Anybody but Trump... :shrug:

Marked Desantis Cotton Cruz Hawley in that order...

I'm concerned with Hawley on the 2A. Anyone who is squishy on the 2A needs to be passed over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 12:38:31 am »
I'm concerned with Hawley on the 2A. Anyone who is squishy on the 2A needs to be passed over.
Right. That's one litmus test that can be an instant deal breaker.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 04:37:20 am »
This poll is meaningless.

Does anyone seriously believe for a nanosecond that IF Trump runs, he will not get the nomination?  And does anyone believe for a nanosecond with his ego and his energy he will not run?  His 78 is not a Biden 78.  Trump is an anomaly.  He will not be seen collapsing down steps like Hillary, and left to sit and mumble his way through things like senile ole Joe. 

He will run, so this poll for now should focus on WHO he will select as his VP.  That's the real question.  Does he select someone that will be able to run in the next election, or does he pick someone to win a certain element of the electorate?  Or to capture a coin toss state?   DeSantis would be my #1 for VP to run for 2028.  If he goes for attracting female voters, a stated weakness by the media with suburban women, then I would think Noem would be the choice.

Cruz will NEVER be the Republican candidate.  He lacks integrity, I do not care how smart he is.

Or perhaps he picks another Pence type, someone of limited visibility that will support and help him.  It will not be Pence again, his political career is over.

And this poll left out two perenials, the postman's son and Rick 'I came in second' Santorum.  And then there will be a Ben Sasse, or someone that is a Never Trumper running like him.  Count on it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:48:59 am by jafo2010 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2021, 04:58:37 am »

OH, I did not know that, but I agree if he's not a strong supporter of 2A rights, we need to pass.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2021, 07:03:36 am »

Does anyone seriously believe for a nanosecond that IF Trump runs, he will not get the nomination?  And does anyone believe for a nanosecond with his ego and his energy he will not run?  His 78 is not a Biden 78.  Trump is an anomaly.  He will not be seen collapsing down steps like Hillary, and left to sit and mumble his way through things like senile ole Joe. 

He will run, so this poll for now should focus on WHO he will select as his VP.  That's the real question.  Does he select someone that will be able to run in the next election, or does he pick someone to win a certain element of the electorate?  Or to capture a coin toss state?   DeSantis would be my #1 for VP to run for 2028.  If he goes for attracting female voters, a stated weakness by the media with suburban women, then I would think Noem would be the choice.

Cruz will NEVER be the Republican candidate.  He lacks integrity, I do not care how smart he is.

Or perhaps he picks another Pence type, someone of limited visibility that will support and help him.  It will not be Pence again, his political career is over.

And this poll left out two perenials, the postman's son and Rick 'I came in second' Santorum.  And then there will be a Ben Sasse, or someone that is a Never Trumper running like him.  Count on it.
Let's suppose Trump does run.

Keep Cruz in the Senate, I prefer him over Mitch. States need solid leadership.

But to chase the Trump base, to have another firebrand in training at VP, and to capture the women's vote, I like Greene.

If the elections aren't straightened out and the fraud minimized (nothing like last time), it won't matter.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2021, 12:51:05 pm »

You mean like a Frank Luntz poll?

BassWrangler

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2021, 02:15:22 pm »
You mean like a Frank Luntz poll?

OK, well not THAT bad...

Online Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2021, 02:21:23 pm »

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2021, 01:59:04 am »
Frank Luntz poll, that is funny.  Tucker Carlson nailed him nicely.  After all I heard, I would not waste one second to hear what he has to say.  Haven't seen him on Fox lately either. 

Bottomline, if Trumps runs, he wins the Republican nomination.  Winning the general for a Republican remains to be seen.  I now believe that all electronic voting is corrupt and I want manual voting only in the future.

Anyone here dispute the certainty that if Trump runs he wins the Republican nomination?  And knowing his ego and competitiveness, the only thing that would stop him is ill health or not being with us.  I say come two years from now, he is not skipping a beat, and has the energy of a 40 year old.

BassWrangler

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2021, 07:48:18 pm »
Frank Luntz poll, that is funny.  Tucker Carlson nailed him nicely.  After all I heard, I would not waste one second to hear what he has to say.  Haven't seen him on Fox lately either. 

Bottomline, if Trumps runs, he wins the Republican nomination.  Winning the general for a Republican remains to be seen.  I now believe that all electronic voting is corrupt and I want manual voting only in the future.

Anyone here dispute the certainty that if Trump runs he wins the Republican nomination?  And knowing his ego and competitiveness, the only thing that would stop him is ill health or not being with us.  I say come two years from now, he is not skipping a beat, and has the energy of a 40 year old.

I suspect Luntz business is in trouble. I mean what Republican would hire this guy now?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2021, 08:48:21 pm »
I suspect Luntz business is in trouble. I mean what Republican would hire this guy now?

I'm not aware of individual candidates hiring him but he sure is a media darling.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2021, 09:01:13 pm »
  I'm almost in agreement with @jafo2010 BUT this Luntz guy has got to be a better pollster than me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 04:17:35 am »
Since most polls are controlled by corrupt media, or or groups like Pew, who are heavily funded by folks like George Soros, one cannot trust polls any longer.

And then there is the harsh reality that it does not matter who folks vote for, as long as we have electronic voting, the vote will be messaged such that the "1s" and "0s" select whoever controls the code.  Right now, that is the Democommies. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2021, 10:17:09 am »
Since most polls are controlled by corrupt media, or or groups like Pew, who are heavily funded by folks like George Soros, one cannot trust polls any longer.

And then there is the harsh reality that it does not matter who folks vote for, as long as we have electronic voting, the vote will be messaged such that the "1s" and "0s" select whoever controls the code.  Right now, that is the Democommies.
I trust them, but not for a guide to what people are thinking.

They are there to set the points spread for the collective, so whatever the fraud produces will be close to the poll values.

C S Lewis