Paul
9 (10.3%)
Other~Zig Zag Man (pot option)
4 (4.6%)
Marjorie Taylor Greene
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 21, 2021, 11:26:25 pm

Author Topic: TBR Presidential Straw Poll (5/21)  (Read 6081 times)

Online corbe

TBR Presidential Straw Poll (5/21)
« on: May 22, 2021, 11:26:25 pm »
Hey @corbe !

Hw about a poll of who is considered to be conservative enough to be the next GOP Candidate for POTUS/VPOTUS?

@Smokin Joe Thanks for the suggestion

You get 3 votes the first two don't count.

A way too early guide to the 2024 Republican primary

The ‘invisible primary’ is underway and here’s a list of potential contenders, based on early polling, interviews with Republican donors and strategists and results from online political betting markets

By D. Hunter Schwarz  Apr 4, 2021, 10:00pm MDT

The 2024 Republican primary is already here.

Though, we’re still more than 1,300 days away from the next presidential election, potential candidates are already making stops in early caucus and primary states and working behind the scenes to prepare for a possible run.

Late last month, C-SPAN kicked off its “Road to the White House” coverage with a speech by former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Iowa, and former Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to give the keynote at a dinner for a social conservative group in South Carolina on April 29.

The lead up to the next presidential election is different than past years because of former President Donald Trump. He’s eligible to run for a second term, and has publicly toyed with the idea while also weighing in on other Republicans he thinks could be the future of the party. If Trump does run, he’d start out with unparalleled name ID and massive support, but if he doesn’t, the field could be wide open for other Republicans hoping to win over his supporters. President Joe Biden said recently he expects to run for reelection in 2024.

This early on, wannabe candidates must raise their profiles, show their commitment to the party, and raise money, one Republican strategist said, to get on people’s radars even when your candidacy is in a holding pattern.

Some of the most visible 2024 hopefuls will surely flame out long before the Iowa caucus, and there’s always the chance that the next Republican nominee isn’t yet considered a serious player (at this point in the 2016 cycle, Trump was hosting the 13th season of “The Apprentice”). There’s a million and one things that will happen between now and then that will shape the race in ways we can’t now predict, but the “invisible primary” that comes before any votes are cast has started.

Here’s your very early guide to some of 2024’s potential contenders, based on early polling, interviews with Republican donors and strategists and results from online political betting markets.

<..snip..>

https://www.deseret.com/2021/4/4/22320128/early-guide-to-the-2024-republican-primary-trump-pence-desantis-pompeo-romney-haley-noem-cruz-hawley
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Re: TBR Presidential Straw Poll (5/21)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 11:33:13 pm »
Is that Rand Paul or Ron Paul?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 11:42:07 pm »
   It's R. Paul, @Hoodat are you stoned?    :tongue2:

Rand obviously, he can appoint his Father to the FED board, if he's still alive.

I think Ron reminds me too much of Pat Paulsen.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 11:52:14 pm »
By popular demand:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 11:54:53 pm »
   That's the only tatoo I have @Hoodat though even he's looked a little ragged.   

*iT'S NOT ON MY AZZ.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 11:57:34 pm »

Rand obviously, he can appoint his Father to the FED board, if he's still alive.

There right there gave me a chuckle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 12:15:32 am »
Really great list  @corbe

My 3:

Cruz, Pompeo and Cotton 

Hawley is wishy-washy on the 2A,  so he's out.  Rand is great on domestic issues, but not real thrilled with his isolationist ideals (though his stance may have changed). so he's out. Noem favors a pathway to citizenship for illegals, so she's out. Trump I think is going to be too old to run again (boo hiss from many on this forum, I get it), so he's out. DeSantis has had some issues here in FL and is not very articulate, so he's out.  Ziggy ... well ... he serves a purpose and maybe if we just keep everyone stoned we'll see some peace instead of all the violent lunacy!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:28 am »
Just for fun, add in Marjorie Taylor Greene... :shrug: or maybe a veep string?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 12:23:36 am »
Desantis. Exceptional military knowledge/experience in foreign countries.  Exceptional law experience. Knowledge how government works.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 12:26:49 am »
Oops....gee...I forgot Pence.  He's a traitor so, he definitely out!   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 12:27:17 am »

Agreed.  She's definitely a spitfire!

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 12:31:54 am »

Done @Smokin Joe

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 12:37:39 am »
Ok, since Greene is included .... I vote a Cruz/Greene ticket or a Pompeo/Cotton ticket.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2021, 12:45:30 am »
Ok, since Greene is included .... I vote a Cruz/Greene ticket or a Pompeo/Cotton ticket.
I like Cruz/Greene, but would not dismiss a DeSantis/Greene ticket either. Give her a term or two as veep, and she could move up and kick butt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 12:48:09 am »
   Since I included another option I increased the vote from 3 to 4.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 01:16:45 am »
Oh, goody!  Time for a Saturday Night bloodbath!!

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 01:18:51 am »

I had lunch with Pat once, and drove him around Tempe for awhile, back in the 80's.  Funny guy to the bone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 01:25:40 am »
   I promise to send PM's to you and Myst if this Thread derails quickly and I need the Big Boys to step in and Lock It.
   Cruz threads seem to be back in vouge, it seems  :shrug: 
   In spite of the consternations of @DCPatriot this will be 'Cruz Central' by July.   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 01:27:48 am »
   I promise to send PM's to you and Myst if this Thread derails quickly and I need the Big Boys to step in and Lock It.
   In spite of the consternations of @DCPatriot this will be 'Cruz Central' by July.   :beer:

Hey, you got the green boxes.  Police your own mess.   :laugh: :police:
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 01:31:43 am »
I only voted for one....Desantis all the way....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 01:34:17 am »

Don't come crying to me... ****slapping
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 01:35:51 am »
I only voted for one....Desantis all the way....

Heavy-D FTW!

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2021, 01:41:40 am »
Don't come crying to me... ****slapping

You know I always take my microaggressions out on other poor, unsuspecting Briefers, I try real hard to keep Management out of my BS.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2021, 01:48:40 am »
Desantis. Exceptional military knowledge/experience in foreign countries.  Exceptional law experience. Knowledge how government works.

Well tickle my ass with a feather.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2021, 01:53:43 am »

:laugh:  :beer: